Second river salmon trip

jamisonace
jamisonace
It doesn't matter what Plumb or you or I would do. It was one of his first salmon and he was excited. Wasn't there just a thread about peeing on people's parades? Let the guy share his excitement. I've kept fish like that specifically to go in my compost. Maybe it was dead when he brought it in and he figured he'd do the same.....it doesn't matter really since it was legal.

Honestly, I had the same thought as you when I saw the pic but why take the time to make the guy feel bad about it.

Yogidabear said:
Plumb would you keep a fish that was that black? If I offended the op I'm sorry I just understand why someone whoud keep a fish in that condition.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'd be surprised if he comes back, though I hope he does. A new member that posts pics of fish instead of just asking for tips and we run him off. Bummer.
Raincatcher said:
LuckyFisher; I am able to un-delete your original post, but I won't do it without your permission. Please let me know if you would like to share it.

Admin
Admin
jamisonace said:
I'd be surprised if he comes back, though I hope he does. A new member that posts pics of fish instead of just asking for tips and we run him off. Bummer.

And than asking each other "why is OFF so slow lately?" :think:

troutdude
troutdude
anatoliy said:
as an admin i want to let you know, that this forum is for anglers. To all judges. I suggest you to move from here to oregon forum of judges.

BRAVO!

:clap: :clap:

troutdude
troutdude
Anatoliy said:
And than asking each other "why is OFF so slow lately?" :think:

It is INDEED for this type of reason, that several great peeps have left OFF. I hope that many of them return!

Keep the pics coming LuckyFisher! Don't let malcontent stop you!

Y
Yogidabear
As an Admin I want to let you know, that this forum is for anglers. To all judges. I suggest you to move from here to Oregon Forum of Judges.

If you don't want to draw a line keeping black fish so be it. Is snagging and flossing ok too? Good bye!

Admin
Admin
Yogidabear said:
If you don't want to draw a line keeping black fish so be it. Is snagging and flossing ok too?
Those are your words, not mine.

Good bye!
Have a good day.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Anatoliy said:
I have to say 2 things. First as an angler. When I started to learn fishing in Oregon, I did it all. I fished rivers, that were closed, I caught fish that wasn't allowed. By mistake, of course. And now I will not put a finger to anyone for anything. Well at least fishing related. ) I don't know if topic starter made a mistake, but I see an OFFer making a mistake, thinking that he has a judge cap on. Let's tolerate each other and each others mistakes.

As an Admin I want to let you know, that this forum is for anglers. To all judges. I suggest you to move from here to Oregon Forum of Judges.

I think of it this way: anyone that fishes regularly and claims to have never make a mistake with the rules and regulations is probably a liar...those that repeat 'mistakes' once they know better are definitely poachers.

Admin
Admin
rogerdodger said:
I think of it this way: anyone that fishes regularly and claims to have never make a mistake with the rules and regulations is probably a liar...those that repeat 'mistakes' once they know better are definitely poachers.
Probably. But there are always exceptions. Don't get me wrong, snagging and flossing is not OK, as Yogidabear stated. But the "mission" of OFF is to educate, not to punish. We are OFF, not KKK.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Well, I thought I could un-delete the deletion so we could all see the pics and the report...seems I was wrong, yep, I said it, wrong. :cool: Anatoliy, is there a way for you to un-delete his original post? I promise not to judge you if you can't...:D

F
FishLife89
Yeah I agree...no room for negativity here...people make mistakes just like in real life situations..get over it...you only live once so it's not wrong to learn from accidents.

Admin
Admin
Raincatcher said:
Well, I thought I could un-delete the deletion so we could all see the pics and the report...seems I was wrong, yep, I said it, wrong. :cool: Anatoliy, is there a way for you to un-delete his original post?

I could, but it's up to a member to post, to edit, to delete, to reedit or to repost.

I promise not to judge you if you can't...:D

Well, it's easy to be polite, when a cyberblaster is hanging on your belt. :lol:

Last edited:
Admin
Admin
FishLife89 said:
Yeah I agree...no room for negativity here...people make mistakes just like in real life situations..get over it...you only live once so it's not wrong to learn from accidents.
Agree. But don't forget to give a slack to those, who made a mistake and put some negativity in their posts. ;)

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Anatoliy said:
Raincatcher said:
Well, I thought I could un-delete the deletion so we could all see the pics and the report...seems I was wrong, yep, I said it, wrong. :cool: Anatoliy, is there a way for you to un-delete his original post?

I could, but it's up to a member to post, to edit, to delete, to reedit or to repost.

Well, it's easy to be polite, when a cyberblaster is hanging on your belt. :lol:
I got his permission in a pm, if that helps...:D
Awww, I would never blast you....:whistle: ;)

hobster
hobster
Just got home from work, wow this thread heated up quickly. All I can say is give the dude a break, he is obviously new to this. Everyone should know their regs, but we've all messed up somewhere along the way. I fished lake creek the 1st ime I went salmon fishing with a buddy and had no idea it was closed to fishing, I was counting on him to know where we were since he was experienced and knew the regs. As for dark fish, I say any 1st time fish is a keeper. I was so stoked the 1st time I got a steelie I could have cared less what it looked like, but I knew I was putting ink on my tag for the first time!

Admin
Admin
Well... seems I was wrong, too. yep, I said it, wrong. :D I restored the text, but pictures are gone.

L
LuckyFisher
The Pictures

The Pictures

Here's what all the fuss is about. I thought the older one was a Chinook because it looked like it had a black lower jaw and it was bigger than I thought Coho's would be (probably 20+ pounds). In hindsight I should have done more research about what older fish look like. Anything I keep I eat. There will be no waste. The meat wasn't fantastic, but it was certainly edible.

• 006.jpg
  • 008.jpg
Reactions: rogerdodger and n8r1
N
ninja2010
good for you, luckyfisher... glad you came back and thanks for re-posting the pics.

and keep on fishing for them salmon.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
LuckyFisher said:
Here's what all the fuss is about. I thought the older one was a Chinook because it looked like it had a black lower jaw and it was bigger than I thought Coho's would be (probably 20+ pounds). In hindsight I should have done more research about what older fish look like. Anything I keep I eat. There will be no waste. The meat wasn't fantastic, but it was certainly edible.
:clap: Hats OFF to you, LuckyFisher for coming back. It's not easy around here sometimes, but, in my book, you just proved yourself to be more than lucky. You are a fisherMAN. :clap: