Searun cutthroats on the Wilson

B
brookie47
I fished MP 19 this morning and had an excellent day. Caught 7-8 cutts between 12-17 inches. They were everywhere. Used worms and also used my fly rod. Cutts are very healthy this year. The info I received from this forum made all the difference.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Wow, now that's what I was after this morning. I just didn't want to drive all the way to those kinds of mp markers, on the Alsea.

Nice, nice, nice!

What kind o' flies did you use (if you don't mind me asking)?
 
B
beaverfan
great job on the fish but next time please consider not resting them in the dirt/sand for a pic. It drastically reduces the chance to the fish surviving.
 
B
brookie47
Beaverfan, you are 100% right! had to much trouble trying to take pics with my cell phone, should have brought the digi camera.

Black foam ant pattern with a little orange on top for visibility. this fly floats very low and the trout seem to love it. very subtle takes. also used Elk Hair Caddis.
 
I
idahojeff
Nice cutties dude. Great fighters huh? You see a bunch of garbage out there?
 
B
brookie47
They fought really well, some even came out of the water multiple times. The section I fished was actually very clean. I brought a bag with me and cleaned up as I fished. Several beer and pop cans in the water but considering all the sunbathers it wasn't to bad. You ever fish the Lochsaw river in North Idaho??? Beautiful cutts in that river!
 
  • Like
Reactions: DB Crouper and n8r1
M
mezzfin
brookie47 said:
I brought a bag with me and cleaned up as I fished.
Awesome. Thank you.
 
M
mgman6000
brookie47 said:
I fished MP 19 this morning and had an excellent day. Caught 7-8 cutts between 12-17 inches. They were everywhere. Used worms and also used my fly rod. Cutts are very healthy this year. The info I received from this forum made all the difference.

You can use bait? I looked at the regs and as I see it it is artificila lures and flies only for trout am I wrong?
 
troutdude
troutdude
According to pg. 33 of the reg's; bait is allowed up to the South Fork.

But good for you, for asking that question...and being aware. The reg's are NOT all the same for every river.
 
M
mgman6000
troutdude said:
According to pg. 33 of the reg's; bait is allowed up to the South Fork.

But good for you, for asking that question...and being aware. The reg's are NOT all the same for every river.

Thanks I missed that are the mile posts from the coast or toward it? I have never fished for cutthroats before and would love to give it a try.
 

Similar threads

Chromatose
Replies
5
Views
1K
Cedonulli
Cedonulli
jamisonace
Replies
0
Views
2K
jamisonace
jamisonace
Aervax
Replies
57
Views
8K
Leopard Shark
Leopard Shark
C
Replies
8
Views
2K
SiletzTroutKiller
S
B
Replies
34
Views
7K
halibuthitman
H
Top Bottom