Saturday Siltcoos ho down

N
nwkiller
wow awesome fish man....wont be ur last pig from there, fish tend to be healthy and thick...nice fish.

Well we came down there on sunday for our own personal recon..really wanted to catch kings. We fished from light to around noon. First fish came on the first pass, everyone in the boat saw atleast ten pounds of chrome turned sidewats "coho thrashing" gave about 4-5 solid head shakes and popped off.....good sign........Ran into thuggin, B'sed with them for a sec and both got back to what we do (was wondering what was up with you JJ didn't think we had beef....lol j/k) ran alittle farther..watched my rod take a dive...set the hook, fish on....reeled hard on it. a nice little chrome jack ran toward me and jumped out of the water and spit my hook right near the boat......trolled alittle longer and decided to run up to the slaw. Well we should have stayed at the SIL cause we did everthing we could think of with out a bite, saw one hooked on a bobber but was broken off in a log. lock jaw.........long day...............we have a full on revenge coming soon............

M
mikeredding
nwkiller said:
wow awesome fish man....wont be ur last pig from there, fish tend to be healthy and thick...nice fish.

we have a full on revenge coming soon............

Thanks man. Sounds like you guys should have stayed on the lake. Thats sweet that you hooked a couple.
This was my revenge weekend after I had put in 21 hours the weekend before.
And it paid off.
I will be there again this Saturday. Maybe I will see you there?

N
nwkiller
ya we will probably be out there, maybe sunday...hopefully we run into eachother before noon, cause i should be limited..lol:pray::D

J
JeannaJigs
Haha no beef, I'm just diseased. I was pretty out of it. I don't even really remember seeing you guys out there...whole weekend after today is kinda a blur.

N
nwkiller
lol, i was gonna say hey but u looked pissed and from what i know of ya if your pissed watch the F out...lol

M
mikeredding
nwkiller said:
hopefully we run into eachother before noon, cause i should be limited..lol:pray::D
Haha. I sure hope you just knocked on some wood.

J
JeannaJigs
Lol that's a good rule of thumb. My parents coincidentally were out on the lake this weekend too and my mom said I looked like I could "knife murder" someone lol.

So sorry to everyone I ran into, I didn't want to knife murder anyone.

N
nwkiller
mikeredding said:
Haha. I sure hope you just knocked on some wood.

confidence is everything...........

T
Thuggin4Life
you guys are too funny. yeah should have stayed. everyone on the slaw can have the last wave of fish and all the darkies. tiered of dealling with the salt and what goes along with it. i'll be there saturday. see anyone there whos there.

M
mikeredding
Thanks everyone. Forgot to mention the seals were in there this weekend. I saw one of the small gray harbor seals up the Fiddle Arm and then a huge Sea Lion right in the marina on Friday night. I keep trying to get em with my boat but no luck yet.

J
JeannaJigs
I thought I saw one up fiddle but wasn't sure. Im truly surprised no one has shot them. Hell, Andy had an assault rifle lol

D
DYJ
I thought I saw one two weekends ago. I had no idea they went up ino the lakes!

We'll be there this comming Sunday...

T
Thuggin4Life
I would love to take one out. ussually there are just to many boats around. i am always ready though. still trying to figure out what to do with all that meat though. and seal/sealion recepies?

N
nwdunerider
I hear its great crab bait . Aparently the seals leave it alone. !

I'll be there sunday, I here thats opening day for seal season !

S
Salmon Whammy
Hi Mike ! I will give Mazamas a call. Fishing on the North Fork of the Siulsaw has been good. We have been trolling and casting the Medium Magnum Hoochin-Bell in Pink and White. We have caught several Kings and some Coho. Yesterday one King and 1 FIN Clipped Coho. The Sea Run Cutthroat have been hitting the same lure. We caught two 3# Cutts on Saturday. Thank you for the pictures. Today I was going out on Siltcoos with a friend. His motor would not turn and we had to take his boat in to Y-Marina . Randy's Riverview Market, The Sportsman,Bridgeport Market,Winchester Bay Market also carry the Medium Sonic Bell and other lures that we make. You also can come to the factory. Today there was a lot of new kings caught on the Siulsaw River. They are using the Orange Super Hoochie with Sand Shrimp tails. They also are using Purple and White Super Hoochies. The demand for the lures have been fantastic. We thank everybody for using our American made lures.
Thanks,
Dean
541-997-7080
North Country Lures and Flies
www.nclaf.com

N
nwkiller
Dean, you and your wife make fantastic tackle...keep up the good work. If you ever need a product tester, your lures and I get along very well!!

D
DYJ
If anyone who's gonna be out there this Sunday want to swap cell #'s and do a little networking on the water, PM me. With one fish limits I have no problem callin in other OFFer's to get everyone on the bite, we do it all the time, assuming what goes around comes around. An old timer once told me, "it is ALWAYS smart to network with other honest fisherman", even though honest fisherman is a bit of an oxy moron :lol:

Last edited: