Salmon on spinners

B
Berg03
Caught these two bright beauts today in the bay tossing spinners. Spinners i made might i add. I also hooked another and handed it off to my buddy and he landed it, roughly the same size. Only my buddy and I tagged out today that we saw. Slow day for most people, but my spinners were killer today.
the second fish i caught was an awesome finish to the fight. She had 1 last run in her and she started taking off so i pointed my rod tip down in the water and she came swooping around and literally beached herself 5ft on the sand. Didn't have to net or drag her up, she did it all on her own. It was quite a site, everyone that was watching cheered haha.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent fish and spinners!

T
TimberTodd
Making the spinners that were the hot ticket for the day is definitely icing on the cake. Well done!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
That's great limiting on your own spinners!

C_Run
C_Run
Congratulations. Those look like the ones that I pay $8 - $9 for.

S
sapo
That's awesome!! Great looking spinners..which bay?

B
Billamicasr
Nice fish and spinners. Are the Hoochies UV or Glow?
Water for the most is reported quite clear in most areas.
Just wondering if the Hoochies may have helped make the difference.

A
amnis
^ exactly what I was thinking!

C
cascadeangler
Beautiful fish, and what a story! What bay?

B
Berg03
The pink hoochies were UV and the white ones are Glow and UV. Both pish were caught on the Pink hoochie with white and orange blade

B
Berg03
and there was only 8 people at the spot so i dont feel enclined to share it quite yet :p

C
cascadeangler
That's fair. :)

P
pinstriper
I am generally in favor of hoochies, but hoochie coochies give me the wiilies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
coyo7e
Berg03 said:
and there was only 8 people at the spot so i dont feel enclined to share it quite yet :p
Doesn't matter, don't even know what bay you were fishing.

B
Billamicasr
Thanks Berg03 for the answers on the Hoochies. I've been adding them to lures and spinners using UV and glow for the upcoming Coho Lake runs.
Cannot prove it, but it does seem the UV is an up and coming way to add more of those sea run and Bay fish. It used to be they would be recommended in OFF colored waters, but now with the clearer waters, they seem to be working very well.

pinstriper, I've only know the word Hoochie from the albums by "The Hoochie Coochie Man" and known more to me by the squid Hoochie. Just for the fun of it I used Google Image with the search word "Hoochie" and what a surprise... may have nightmares tonight. I'll guess the pictures average about 100 of other for each squid Hoochie. I've led a sheltered life; should get out more.

S
sapo
Does anyone use these type of spinners further inland, for example on the Sandy or Clack? Or are those spinners just a tidewater thing?