Salmon Creek

P
pdxstruve
Hi all.

Planning on heading down with my son to fly fish the Middle Fork of the Willamette this weekend outside of Oakridge. have been reading quite a bit about Salmon Creek just outside of Oakridge and was wondering if anyone had been up above Salmon Creek Falls fishing lately. Looks like they stocked it a week ago. Plan of course on practicing C & R on the Middle Fork of the W, but would like to bring home a few trout for the smoker from the creek. Drop a line if anybody has any tips for tossing some bugs above the Salmon Falls.

Thanks!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Very nice area I drove through there 2 weeks ago but did not fish, I am sure there are fish up there and I doubt it needs to be stocked to catch fish! Now if all the tree huggers would contribute money instead of lawsuits and fund fish ladders below there we would have an incredible fishery! Hell it even has a hatchery!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Its called salmon creek for a reason!

M
mosd
GaryP1958 said:
Its called salmon creek for a reason!

ya salmon creek before they put the dams in..

just before you come into oakridge theres a pullout on the right side next to the river, walk down river abit then wade across to the other side and walk it back up to the corner and fly fish either a yellow humpy or bucktail coachman humpy that last 3 hrs of daylight, use to do that all the time after work, would drive up there and fish it... lots of 18+ bows and cutts in that stretch

P
pdxstruve
Thanks to all for the info! Will give a report on the return.