Salmon catch

D
DrTheopolis
If you don't mind crowds, go to Bonnie Lure, and hike down to the main river.

To avoid crowds, you can hit Barton Park, Carver Park, Riverside Park, and anywhere else you can park and walk to the river.

Or, once the rains come and go, go to any coastal stream (that's open, anyway, always check the regs), and have fun exploring. There will be fish EVERYWHERE.

Reactions: skunk
S
skunk
DrTheopolis said:
If you don't mind crowds, go to Bonnie Lure, and hike down to the main river.

To avoid crowds, you can hit Barton Park, Carver Park, Riverside Park, and anywhere else you can park and walk to the river.

Or, once the rains come and go, go to any coastal stream (that's open, anyway, always check the regs), and have fun exploring. There will be fish EVERYWHERE.

Hold on a sec DrTheopolis!!! Dont' send them to my coastal streams!!! haha. JK! Basically the clack is so well known its no secret. Find a park, get out and just start hiking up or down. You will easily find your own water and then just start fishing and learning, downes157.

Reactions: eugene1
hobster
hobster
Wow, how did I miss this thread. I'll try to play nice. Flossing is by no means an ethical way to fish as Roger pointed out, I'd rather get skunked any day than floss a fish. At least that way I still have my integrity and can feel good about myself. I don't need fish in the freezer that bad. Posting a thread saying you were flossing is a good way to create a s**t storm on any fishing website. It's not even fishing in my book, may as well bring a .22 down there and blast em away. I know a lot of people do it, but don't be one of them, learn to fish like a fisherman. Had to post, I feel strongly about this subject. And, by the way, they WILL bite.

B
burlajohnny
hobster said:
Wow, how did I miss this thread. I'll try to play nice. Flossing is by no means an ethical way to fish as Roger pointed out, I'd rather get skunked any day than floss a fish. At least that way I still have my integrity and can feel good about myself. I don't need fish in the freezer that bad. Posting a thread saying you were flossing is a good way to create a s**t storm on any fishing website. It's not even fishing in my book, may as well bring a .22 down there and blast em away. I know a lot of people do it, but don't be one of them, learn to fish like a fisherman. Had to post, I feel strongly about this subject. And, by the way, they WILL bite.
Ok, i get the point. Nobody ever taught me how to salmon fish, I learned by watching all the other people at the place. I get the point, ok?

1 nut in the water
ok, the young man was taught by watching others that do not appreciate real fishing so how about a few a you up there offer to take him on an outing and show him the real way of fishing? Would sure be a good ending...........

B
burlajohnny
1 nut in the water said:
ok, the young man was taught by watching others that do not appreciate real fishing so how about a few a you up there offer to take him on an outing and show him the real way of fishing? Would sure be a good ending...........
Thank you.

S
Steelheader4Life
burlajohnny said:
Thank you.

That's exactly what I was saying. I never fish up that way but if you ever come to the coastal area send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to show you a thing or two. Those ho's are fun but they don't even come close to a beast nook on a bobber!!

B
burlajohnny
Steelheader4Life said:
That's exactly what I was saying. I never fish up that way but if you ever come to the coastal area send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to show you a thing or two. Those ho's are fun but they don't even come close to a beast nook on a bobber!!
Ok i will

P
perfectg03
This is unreal. Glad your mug is posted here. I don't fish bonnie or eagle, but I do float the clack on a regular basis. If I ever see you down there I will report, as I do with all the other goons that snag fish. Sad thing is OSP doesn't do a dang thing about it.

That being said, since your pictures clearly show your ugly mug and more fish than you are allowed to take, along with blatantly admitting you were fishing illegal. I will be sending an email including your photos with your fishing description to ODFW and OSP so they can keep an eye out for you. Then they can write you a fat ticket to share with your parents. Hopefully your parents will make you work to pay off the fine and maybe you will learn your lesson. Bonus is you will have your license yanked so none of us have to see you ruining it for everyone else that fishes legally.

Sad to see. Stay off the river, it's for sportsman, not poachers.

S
sapo
I see where you're coming from, perfectg03, but burlajohnny has suffered enough criticism I think. He should've read the regs, but people make mistakes and being a new salmon fisherman, you tend to want to do what everyone around you does. He understands and I don't think he'll be flossing ever again. Don't make it a huge deal, unless he keeps on flossing, which I doubt he will.

B
burlajohnny
perfectg03 said:
This is unreal. Glad your mug is posted here. I don't fish bonnie or eagle, but I do float the clack on a regular basis. If I ever see you down there I will report, as I do with all the other goons that snag fish. Sad thing is OSP doesn't do a dang thing about it.

That being said, since your pictures clearly show your ugly mug and more fish than you are allowed to take, along with blatantly admitting you were fishing illegal. I will be sending an email including your photos with your fishing description to ODFW and OSP so they can keep an eye out for you. Then they can write you a fat ticket to share with your parents. Hopefully your parents will make you work to pay off the fine and maybe you will learn your lesson. Bonus is you will have your license yanked so none of us have to see you ruining it for everyone else that fishes legally.

What the heck you talking about? I didn't catch all of those! I was with a friend

C
coyo7e
burlajohnny said:
What the heck you talking about? I didn't catch all of those! I was with a friend
LOL just ignore him, either he's a troll coming in to score a late-hit penalty or he just doesn't read anything but the first post of a thread. Possibly both.

I had no idea what snagging and flossing and plunking and **** were when I first started poking around online, either.

B
burlajohnny
coyo7e said:
LOL just ignore him, either he's a troll coming in to score a late-hit penalty or he just doesn't read anything but the first post of a thread. Possibly both.

I had no idea what snagging and flossing and plunking and **** were when I first started poking around online, either.
To be honest, this was THE FIRST time I ever went salmon fishing. I didn't know squat.

B
burlajohnny
perfectg03 said:

So much for FRIENDLY. you calling me ugly mug and crap. Just be careful what you say

S
sapo
coyo7e said:

Thanks for that, yeah you can't report someone for keeping too many fish if you've seen a pic or two, and have no proof that they didn't have someone fishing with them.

B
burlajohnny
coyo7e said:

What's plunking?

S
sapo
Plunking is a method of fishing used on a lot of rivers, it is very common on the Willamette and the Columbia. I'm not experienced whatsoever, but from what I understand, you have a heavy weight that sits on the bottom of the river, and a couple feet of leader with a spin n glo or spinner attached to it. The current spins the lure. I'm pretty sure that's what plunking is.

M
montym
Plenty off stuff about plunking in Google, with nice diagrams too. I won't bother too much about the guys who get uppity, but I'd listen to the guys who make sense. First time I ever caught a trout, the guy who taught me definitely had more than 5 in his stringer. If I was good enough then, I am sure I would have kept more than 5. Now I know better. I get 5, I start for home.

We all make mistakes, what matters is how quickly we learn to stop making them. I reckon Johnny is a good kid but needs to learn, we need to stop criticizing him for this. He would not have been so open if he was cheating willingly.

Cheers
M

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
montym said:
Plenty off stuff about plunking in Google, with nice diagrams too. I won't bother too much about the guys who get uppity, but I'd listen to the guys who make sense. First time I ever caught a trout, the guy who taught me definitely had more than 5 in his stringer. If I was good enough then, I am sure I would have kept more than 5. Now I know better. I get 5, I start for home.

We all make mistakes, what matters is how quickly we learn to stop making them. I reckon Johnny is a good kid but needs to learn, we need to stop criticizing him for this. He would not have been so open if he was cheating willingly.

Cheers
M

X2

B
burlajohnny
montym said:

Cheers
M
That is exactly right. Thank you for getting that out there. +1