Salmon 2013 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
J
jawjacker
Last Sunday on free fishing weekend my budy Rian & I got to put in a full days dues on the river for spring chinook and we were rewarded with 1 chromer a piece. Rian hooked his on a 3/0 first bite salmon jig & a 2oz. float before 8 a.m. From first light till about 10a.m. there was lots of fish moving through & a decent amount of action. Then things slowed down. I didn't pick up my fish till around 5:30 p.m. A 2oz. bank sinker & a #8 corky with a lil skien got it done for me. We let that be the last cast, humped the gunny sackd up the hill & hit the road. I wish I was fishing up there right now but all I can do is hope there is a few decent fish around when I do make it back up there.

• 2013-06-02 17.36.37.jpg
  • 970423_168768243299513_470232445_n.jpg
  • 2013-06-02 17.37.02.jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: C_Run
S
steelhead_slayer
I recently hit the river with ALM21 and Ed Fast. Ed Sure can sure get you into some fish, and he also threw a bunch of knowledge my way the whole time. It was a beautiful day, and stretch of water. I would definitely recommend that trip to anyone. Thanks again Alex for setting it up. Score for the day was 6 for 9.

E
eugene1
Lots of nooks = lots of fun!

Best,

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Looks like you're hosting the next salmon feast...good job! :clap:

L
lilsalmon
Wow...nice. Good job guys.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Looks like a stellar day! Iv got to do a trip with Ed some day!

S
steelhead_slayer
Throbbit _Shane said:
Looks like a stellar day! Iv got to do a trip with Ed some day!

That's what I used to say. I'm definitely glad I finally did it. Saving up for another trip now

S
steelhead_slayer
Thanks everyone. Most fish that day were caught with drifting techniques. Not the we didn't get a couple bobber downs

T
troutmasta
Holy smokes thats a big EFFIN springer!

T
troutmasta
steelhead_slayer said:
Thanks everyone. Most fish that day were caught with drifting techniques. Not the we didn't get a couple bobber downs

Do I see a spinner in that ones throat?

S
steelhead_slayer
Yep, a little pink and brass

L
Leon Fish
Nice fishes!

A
alm21
It only took me a year or more but I finally got Wes out with Ed. Better late than never. We weighed that spinner caught fish and it came in around 21-22lbs if I recall correctly. Definitely a rod bender and a bit more of a fight than those Deschutes Browns Wes hammers on.

S
steelhead_slayer
alm21 said:
It only took me a year or more but I finally got Wes out with Ed. Better late than never. We weighed that spinner caught fish and it came in around 21-22lbs if I recall correctly. Definitely a rod bender and a bit more of a fight than those Deschutes Browns Wes hammers on.

Hope to do it again this fall

A
alm21
Coastal action this fall! I got my dates already. Want in?

S
steelhead_slayer
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Hope my schedule isn't too crazy then

J
JeannaJigs
Ed's a rad dude. I am cursed and the trip I booked for my dad and I with him was on an epically slow day a month ago and it seemed to pickup about a week after lol go figure, but it was still the most badass trip I've ever been on. I wouldn't pay money to sit in someone elses drift boat, just seems dumb to me, but the cataraft was a blast without another soul in sight the entire day until we got down to marmot.

S
steelhead_slayer
JeannaJigs said:
Ed's a rad dude. I am cursed and the trip I booked for my dad and I with him was on an epically slow day a month ago and it seemed to pickup about a week after lol go figure, but it was still the most badass trip I've ever been on. I wouldn't pay money to sit in someone elses drift boat, just seems dumb to me, but the cataraft was a blast without another soul in sight the entire day until we got down to marmot.

sorry to here you had slow trip. Flag you could find some enjoyment out of it

B
Bswe22
Nice fish!!!!! Can't wait to land my first one!!!! Where do you find fish like that????

S
steelhead_slayer
Those fish were from the Sandy. I will be chasing fish closer to home soon. I would think they should be coming your way soon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.