Rogue River 1-11-11

T

Throbbit _Shane

Today i fished the Rogue River at the Denman Wildlife area, i got the key yesterday before the game at the odfw office. Today was the first time fishing my new Shimano Symetre reel i bought recently and like the first time i fished my pontoon boat i had good luck! I caught a bright little 5lb hatchery hen! Got her on a little cleo spoon white with red on it. I honestly had no expectations of catching steel today. I had one fish swim up the river like a rocket, thought i had hooked it with my spoon but no. Was a great day on the water, seen no others on the river besides a otter. didn't get any pictures at the river, my batteries died before i got there. But i did get some pictures of helicopters and a pond if anyone's interested :D :D :cool: :cool:
PICT0024.jpg PICT0019.jpg

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice fish! i thought you only fished for bass and trout with the ocasional mackinaw trip.

T

Throbbit _Shane

thanks guys! now i gotta figure out how to cure the eggs :D

D

Diehard

nice fish sounds like you had a blast id love to learn that fishery some day by the way friend of mine got a chinook out of the willamette on a little cleo we had to net it with a smalltrout net that we were useing for shad luckily it was a very very small chinook that same day he also caught and released a huge sthlhead on that little cleo those things are deadly orange and brass

brandon4455

brandon4455

grats on the steel bro shes a beauty

T

Throbbit _Shane

nice fish sounds like you had a blast id love to learn that fishery some day by the way friend of mine got a chinook out of the willamette on a little cleo we had to net it with a smalltrout net that we were useing for shad luckily it was a very very small chinook that same day he also caught and released a huge sthlhead on that little cleo those things are deadly orange and brass
Ill have to try them out for salmon as well!
grats on the steel bro shes a beauty
Thanks! breh

B

bigsteel

nice fish bro,,you look like you should be in a heavy metal band:)

T

Throbbit _Shane

Thanks brotha hawk :D

Maybe one day we can meet at the river/lake and i can get some mountain man tips :lol: :lol:

T

Throbbit _Shane

Complete report is up on my blog along with pictures of helicopters and a pond, ill fish soon when it gets warmer :D

T

Throbbit _Shane

Fished the rogue river today with my new okuma rod. I first went to the same spot i caught my fish the other day at, but the water was really high and brown. Ended up fishing at casey park instead for a couple hours. didn't catch any but i seen one jump and i had a bald eagle watch me fish from a tree for a bit. wasn't too bad of a day. next time the waster is really high ill try to figure out where the cheif hole is. iv heard a lot of good things about it.

N

Ntofishing

From my understanding the Chief hole is up river from Casey. I usually like to cross the bridge and take the dirt road right after. If I remember right it is the second hole on that side. Another good hole is the Elbow hole. I like to fish that one from the Mcgreggor park side. Just follow one of the trails to the river and go upstream till you see a 90 degree bend in the river. You can fish it from the dirt road side but beware it is combat fishing with all the other fisherman in the summer months.

T

the salmon kid

hey shane i visited your blog and thumbs up man on the bass and the steely

and if you want to know where chief hole is i can tell you

drive as if you are going up to the hatchery past casey and insted of turning at the road to the hatchery
go acrost the brige on highway 62 and directly after the brige there is a small road on the left hand side with a little brown gate that is always open
turn down that road until you see a large group of boulders on the left side of the road and on the right side there is a little turn out,., that is chief hole,.,at the hole there is a small rock fire pit and the water is decently calm,.

and if you keep heading down the road until it dead ends where the river turns ,.that place is called corner pocket best fished with spoons or worms

and i will be going up there tomarow if you want to join me
andi will be going to tueville sunday
good luck

see you on the river

till next time ,.,the salmon kid ,.aka {chad}

T

Throbbit _Shane

good looking out guys. if i can wake up early enough tomorrow ill fish. but i need to be back in town by 130pm

Im thinking tueville will still be high and muddy tomorrow. hopefully its not on sunday. but the hatchery isn't that far.

i thought thats where it was chad, wasn't sure if u took a left or right after the bridge though. i got a few more spoons and the bill herzog book about spoon fishing steelhead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom