Rogue question

A
Ariel&Jared12
This may seem like a dumb question to some, haha, but we've heard of Carp being in the Rogue... If there are Carp, are there any Bass? If so, where do they usually hide?

C
colbypearson
Ariel&Jared12 said:
This may seem like a dumb question to some, haha, but we've heard of Carp being in the Rogue... If there are Carp, are there any Bass? If so, where do they usually hide?

theres carp bass and smallmouth in the rogue but its just a few stragglers is all thats left for the most part its nearly impossible to catch one especially the bass i would assume there might be a hand full in some areas but there are fair numbers in some sloughs off the rogue just gotta get to them, but no dont fish the rogue for any of those species because it will be time wasted...:)

E
eat, sleep, fish
colbypearson said:
theres carp bass and smallmouth in the rogue but its just a few stragglers is all thats left for the most part its nearly impossible to catch one especially the bass i would assume there might be a hand full in some areas but there are fair numbers in some sloughs off the rogue just gotta get to them, but no dont fish the rogue for any of those species because it will be time wasted...:)

Pretty much exactly that. There used to be a bunch behind Gold Ray Dam, but now that it's gone there's not going to be many around.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Okay. Thanks, guys! I just wanted to know if it was true that there was Bass in the river. Because if there was, we wanted to go fish for some but now that we know it wouldn't be worth it and that there aren't very many, we'll leave 'em alone :)

Thanks!

T
Throbbit _Shane
The south umpqua isn't far, go there during the summer. Lots of bass to eat.

X
XFactorTackle
I caught a 6lb Carp on the Rogue last year. They are few and far between though, like the other guys said.

I'm with Shane, go hit the Umpqua and fish for smallies...LOTS of fun and not too far away.