Rivers around Lincoln City for salmon/steelhead?

S
spark
Hello,

My family with 13 years boy will stay at Lincoln city this weekend, and wonder where I can go fishing with kids. We have fished trouts at Devils Lake last year which was great, but we want to try a little different one this year.
Saw there are a couple of rivers in the reg, but I don't know which river would be worth of try. Currently, Siletz or Netstucca are the ones opened for salmon/steelhead.
If you can, would you share any common spot (not your secret spot :D) here or by email or PM?

Best Regards,
Sparky

Last edited:
D
DrTheopolis
I'm not familiar with the Siletz (others on here are extremely familiar with it).

The problem you'll have with the Nestucca is low water. Probably 2 ways you can go -- use bigger gear, and fish at the mouth in Pacific City (park/boat ramp -- you won't be alone). Other options are to hit the area around the mouth of Three Rivers (in Hebo) with extremely light gear, since there should be a few summers there.

If you don't mind driving a little farther, the Trask would be a better bet. It'll all be fun, regardless.

M
montym
With a kid along, you might look at surf perch as well. You'll surely get more of those than salmon or steelhead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

S
spark
Thank you so much :) I didn't know there is boat ramp in Pacific City.

S
spark
montym said:
With a kid along, you might look at surf perch as well. You'll surely get more of those than salmon or steelhead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the answer. I have no idea for perch fishing. I might need to dig more. :)

S
Steelheader4Life
If I was you guys I would go up to Moonshine Park on the Siletz. It's about a 45 minute drive from Lincoln City and there's plenty of trout and definitely some summer steelhead around. You could pay the day fee and fish at the park itself or drive up into the gorge and find a spot to pull over and start fishing. There's mile and miles of beautiful river up there but the first few miles are the more "kid" friendly section. To me it's simple, go fish the Nestucca with all the jerks that salmon fish tidewater or go up to a beautiful summer steelhead river with the more friendly crowd. Hmmm...I choose summer steelhead any day!! :)