Right or left hand retrieve: Are you goofy?

O
OnTheFly
capblack said:
just seems weird to me, to cast, switch, reel, switch, cast, you get the picture. just wondering if there was a reason.
Because brother metalfisher is goofy like Me!:yay:

H
halibuthitman
I can cast or reel with either hand.... and poorly both ways of course-

O
OnTheFly
This is what I'm talk'n about Willis

This is what I'm talk'n about Willis

This is what I suffer from. I cast with my right then change to what I'm doing in the picture to fight the fish.:rolleyes:

Metolius004.jpg

B
beaverfan
I cast with my right and reel with my left that way my dominant hand/arm is the one that is controlling and fighting the fish. It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to turn the reel. Once you get used to a certain way I'm sure it makes no difference though.

H
halibuthitman
my son does what Jim does.... drives me nuts, but evolving your own style is important, so do what ya like-

O
OnTheFly
To be honest, I learned to fish that way so right handers can't use my stuff!

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
This is what I suffer from. I cast with my right then change to what I'm doing in the picture to fight the fish.:rolleyes:

Metolius004.jpg

That has to be the most horrible thing I have ever seen.:lol::lol::rolleyes:

H
halibuthitman
I know, I can tell exactly where he is fishing by the over priced rental cabins behind him! sheesh Jim don't you know your sposed to use the photo shop and put little clouds and flying unicorns and **** like that in the background?!

M
Markcanby
no kidding HHM how are supposed to keep our Oregon waters secret with these guys posting picture like this all over the Internets

O
OnTheFly
Look...all you guys had to do was just ask me where I was and I would have gladly told you it was Eagle Crick.

Reactions: eggs
H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
Look...all you guys had to do was just ask me where I was and I would have gladly told you it was Eagle Crick.
I know the northern middle fork of the Grande Day when I see it...

E
eggs
Yep log hole, eagle creek.... one hell of a hike! I should know I took the pic!

G
GDBrown
Where was he?

Where was he?

I just wish I could fish such exotic places like Jim and his buddies......

JimFishing.jpg

GD

:shock::rolleyes::naughty::naughty:

Reactions: Markcanby
H
halibuthitman
wow, frankly I would have worn a Tommy Bahama down vest on this particular trip, but it is OTF.. he's also probably listening to sam the sham and the pharos on.... a walkman!

G
GDBrown
And what do you think he has on his line at the coast?

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
Reef shark

G
GDBrown
No, Surf Trout!

O
OnTheFly
What I'd like to know is how on earth did GDBrown get that picture? He must have somehow got a hold of my Photobucket password and hacked into my account. Well that was the time I went fishing for groupers in the Bahamas and what a thrill! It took everything my 15wt could handle and if you noticed, I fought it all with my left hand. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because it broke my 00000000000X tippet and I lost my Olive Crystal Bugger. I know you're wondering why I'm wearing a down vest in the tropics but it's because I was still on blood thinners at the time and anything below 85degrees with 90% humidity made me a little chilly. Now Brad, I've known you for two years and we've never met so you should know me better than that. So for the record, I wasn't listening to Sam the Sham it was the Dixie Chicks....

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
Right mouse click on photo and copy image......

Oh that was fun!