Retention 7 days a week above the falls?

S
STURGEON FEAR
what did u hook him on i have never fish around newberg i want to hook a oversized i dont want to target keepers there cause in hopes that the fishery will thrive above the falls i wont take any fish from there but do want to hook and land an oversize for some good pics

H
HANKIII
Pickled squid on that one in 14 ft of water. Anything pickled works great there.Ive hooked into 4 oversize this year. Its great fun

S
STURGEON FEAR
sweet i have a bunch of that was that in the newberg area?

S
STURGEON FEAR
maybe soon i will get ur # and we can go try it out i usually fish the st. johns area and do pretty well but would be nice to be alittle closer to home and not have to fight the tides gets so bad that the river is like a pond down there no current .
i have a nice 17' inboard sled all set up for it

H
HANKIII
Yeah out of newberg,every time i go out i do well,most of the time its in shallow water. We could hook up some time for sure

H
halibuthitman
STURGEON FEAR said:
what did u hook him on i have never fish around newberg i want to hook a oversized i dont want to target keepers there cause in hopes that the fishery will thrive above the falls i wont take any fish from there but do want to hook and land an oversize for some good pics
They stock the river above the falls, so I wouldn't worry about keepers, the reason for the 7 days keeper rule is there is not enough pressure to worry about closing down the retention fishery. The columbia and lower river 3 day season is due to the extremely high pressure and success rate on this section of river... odf does it to extend the season out longer and spread out the pressure and stress on the fish.