Report and the one that got away...check your leaders...duh

M
mikeee2362
Took a trip to the Sandy after work. Talked to a few guys that had fished in the morning and they said several fish were taken early. I didn't arrive till after three, but the level had dropped some and the color was good I felt good about the evening bite. I fished several presentations from jigs, to roe and a corkie, and a couple spinners with only one takedown on a pink corkie and a white piece of yarn that failed to hook up. I packed up and went closer to cedar creek and tried again. Now it's just before dusk and my 3rd cast with a pink and purple jig, doused with a little anise/krill scent, I hooked up with a nice slab!! After the hookset it took off jumped once then peeled off about 30 yards of line jumped again, then SNAP...and I ended up treeing my bobber and weight...upon further investigation my leader snapped right in the middle...must have had a knick. Note to self* check your leader more often. Grrrr. I did see one Nate landed and released about an hour before sunset also. Fish are bitin'!! gonna head out again in the morning...with nice fresh leaders!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
OUCH!! That never feels good...:sad:

C
ChezJfrey
mikeee2362 said:
Note to self* check your leader more often.

Isn't that like rule #2, right after 'test your knots' and right before 'sharpen your hooks often'? ;)

Nice going on the hookup, always nice to at least get some action to reaffirm you're doing things right!

M
mikeee2362
ChezJfrey said:
Isn't that like rule #2, right after 'test your knots' and right before 'sharpen your hooks often'? ;)

Nice going on the hookup, always nice to at least get some action to reaffirm you're doing things right!
Sure is...still shaking my head.

T
the rookie
I know the feeling have had it happen to me this past winter and it sucked