Proper steps to patch my waders???

S
spmpdr
Can someone post a tutorial on how to properly patch waders, i have a minor hole in one of the legs . Thanks in advance

B
bernduffy
I hate it when that happens. Here's what I do (assuming it's breathable fabric): Get heat tape, iron on hole from inside. Should have at least half inch around rip. Turn waders right side out, apply patch with some adhesive at least one inch around hole, then I also iron on heat tape around edges of patch. This last step might be overkill, but it works pretty well for the long term.

BTW: I really like your quote. Example: All I heard was that it was dead, no action, nada fish at a certain lake. I went anyway and had a great day with plenty of action...extra bonus: having lake to myself cuz "there's no fish"!

T
Trout
I've got a pair of breathe-able waders I had to patch --- bought some Loon UV Wader Patch. Very easy to use has held up for 3 trips so far - 2 of which were in a float tube submerged for 3hrs

R
rippin fish lips
bernduffy said:
I hate it when that happens. Here's what I do (assuming it's breathable fabric): Get heat tape, iron on hole from inside. Should have at least half inch around rip. Turn waders right side out, apply patch with some adhesive at least one inch around hole, then I also iron on heat tape around edges of patch. This last step might be overkill, but it works pretty well for the long term.

BTW: I really like your quote. Example: All I heard was that it was dead, no action, nada fish at a certain lake. I went anyway and had a great day with plenty of action...extra bonus: having lake to myself cuz "there's no fish"!

Great post! I can't help you but i am in the same situatiion, but i dont have the breathable ones =/
hope you get some help!!

L
lilsalmon
yep....loon UV works great