Inflatable kayak patching

J
johnshikr
I have an Intex K2 Explorer with a hole. This one is on the bottom in a ridge on the vinyl. The patch that they provide is like scotch tape. I want to know what the best option is out there to repair the hole. Hope to make it stronger than before. Somebody suggested a fiberglass repair kit. I don't mind it being hard and rigid unless it prevents proper inflation. Thanks for any suggestions. I tried gorilla glue and a piece of either vinyl or pvc. Just something I found in a junk drawer.

kemfish
kemfish
I have/had a Saturn and sea eagle inflatable and I've patched both with the kits they provide. very durable. Sea Eagle has them on their website in the care maintenance sub section. I'm sure most kayak stores probably have a similar patch kit available.

Reactions: Admin
Casting Call
Casting Call
Woe! Hold up a minute let's do this right. Go to a Zodiac/Amason web site. Look up inflatable accessories D-ring mounts, rope guides, lifting kit rings, epoxy glue kits with flexible patch kits. All inflatable stuff. Tony

Diehard
Diehard
Been using this stuff for years you wont be disappointed follow the instructions works on almost anything used it up in idaho last week on the same type of kayak and seem issue you described

• Screenshot_20220728-090105_Chrome.jpg
S
Snopro
Casting Call said:
Woe! Hold up a minute let's do this right. Go to a Zodiac/Amason web site. Look up inflatable accessories D-ring mounts, rope guides, lifting kit rings, epoxy glue kits with flexible patch kits. All inflatable stuff. Tony
Zodiac are Hypalon, Intex is PVC. Would glue for the Hypalon repair be correct for a PVC repair?

Reactions: Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call
Good question! Zodiac also has PVC glue and glue for Hypalon, either would work. Glue is glue inflatable wise. Tony