Project boat ideas.

D
dud3r
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I want an all purpose fishing boat, but not quite sure that this would be the one to start with. There's not much to be said about the boat. It's a 17 ft Silverline. Mercurier inboard. Insurance information says 35mph. That's really all the info I have. Supposedly it runs good. Never had it out on the water. Can't start it up until I do.

Don't know much about boats. Always interested in a new project I may never finish though. Have an empty garage waiting. What are the options with a boat like this? I'll include a pic so we know what we're working with.

Be honest lol. I won't be offended. Also, I don't really have a limit on any amount of work to get it how I'd like it.

Note: This isn't my boat. It's a picture of one I found very similar on google.

322244.jpg

C
capblack
nothing to it, fish finder with gps, kicker bracket and a good kicker motor, pole holders, and a fishing top. it would be good for lakes and big rivers. Brian

G
GDBrown
Just add an anchor nest and good river anchor and you're ready for the Columbia river as well. That's similar to my first boat back in the early '80s and I fished it on the big rivers, lakes, buoy 10 and even took it up to the Puget Sound. You can get an attachment that will allow you to connect a garden hose to the outdrive and run the motor at home. Just keep the RPMs low when you do.

H
Hawk
With an open bow boat install at least a 50 lb thrust Minnkota electric trolling motor, bow mount foot control. Make space to put one or two deep cycle batteries, where it's out of your way. This is what i did on my Alumacraft 16' Lunker boat, starboard helm.

You can cut a piece of plywood to fit your bow area & carpet. Then install a chair with armrests. (I installed mine to the storage locker lid, ran some bolts, washers, nuts, through the lid.)

Have a bimini top with sides & backdrop canvas fitted pieces. Bring a long a small Coleman catalytic heater in the winter. :D

D
dud3r
Thanks for all the info. Was actually thinking more of a conversion. For some reason I don't think this boat would be very fun to fish out of the way it is now. But I don't know much lol.

C
capblack
dud3r said:
Thanks for all the info. Was actually thinking more of a conversion. For some reason I don't think this boat would be very fun to fish out of the way it is now. But I don't know much lol.

what are you going to convert?? all you need to do is add the items everyone listed, and you have a fishing machine. if you want to use it for bass, add the casting deck in the bow like hawk said. the other thing you ,might want to do, is remove the carpet for some more easily cleanable type of floor, and change the seats to some swivel fishing seats, and your ready to go

D
dud3r
Well I guess I forgot to mention that almost all the interior has had it. We considered restoring it to how it was originally as a project, but considering I don't even want it in that style figured there was more that can be done. Those ideas do sound good though.

K
Kevinb5688
If it had carpet rip it out and rhino line it. Good to go, worked in my boat and looks good. Under 80$. Sounds like you just dont like that kind of boat, why dont you just get rid of it then?