Polarized glasses

T
Troutier Bassier
Markcanby said:
I hate you guys an you polarized glass!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
I can't wear them I have teh ability to pass the color blind test but Im not:confused: an teh glasses give me headaches.:(:( I have one other friend with the same problem. He did find a pair but paid 400$ for them :shock::shock: So I will stick with just hating all you guys.

Keep hating bro! Polarized FTW!!
I'm sorry you can't wear them though..

C
colbypearson
plus while i was 5-15 i put in thousands of days on the water without them i am now 17 on the 26th, and literally terrible vision i need glasses badly so im going to get some when i get back.

if you like your eyes and the beauty of nature dont skip out on sunglasses and end up like me, i used to see like a hawk as a kid and now after the years of not wearing them i surely am sorry for my mistake i dont miss a day without them on the water now ...

G
Growbug
BobbiDollPDX said:
Ugh, I need to buy another pair of polarized sunglasses. Mine are prescription and I let the guy at Binyons talk me into doing them as bifocals like my daily wear glasses, well guess what....when I am wading through the river or climbing up and down hillsides....I can't freaking wear either pair. Looking down puts me into the "reading" part of my glasses and screws me up big time.

Luckily my vision isn't really bad so I can get around without my glasses.

have you tried Cocoon eyewear?

B
BobbiDollPDX
That wouldn't help me since my daily wear glasses are bifocals too. I'm just going to have to invest in a pair of single vision sunglasses. I kind of need something different anyway, my sunglasses have rhinestones on them and don't blend in very well with my waders.

G
Growbug
Then dont the waders need rhinestones too?

B
BobbiDollPDX
Growbug said:
Then dont the waders need rhinestones too?

I might be pretty girly for a fisherman, but I'm not quite that girly 5.gif

Y
youngbuck307
So I don't go to the river without mine... They are a big help! But some of the guys that point fish out to me all day long don't use them half the time. Rest the time they are useing $20 glasses... Berkleys didn't work bad for me at all with the light amber... Maybe would be willing to pay 150 with all that extra stuff!

D
Drew9870
I want a pair of the polarized Aviators. :cool:

O
OnTheFly
BobbiDollPDX said:
Ugh, I need to buy another pair of polarized sunglasses. Mine are prescription and I let the guy at Binyons talk me into doing them as bifocals like my daily wear glasses, well guess what....when I am wading through the river or climbing up and down hillsides....I can't freaking wear either pair. Looking down puts me into the "reading" part of my glasses and screws me up big time.

So true. Walking down a flight of stairs is scary enough let alone a boldery embankment..

Markcanby said:
I hate you guys an you polarized glass!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
I can't wear them I have teh ability to pass the color blind test but Im not:confused: an teh glasses give me headaches.:(:( I have one other friend with the same problem. He did find a pair but paid 400$ for them :shock::shock: So I will stick with just hating all you guys.
Mark, sometimes I'll get a headache too but it's from the stems digging into my head above my ears. Some glasses won't do this to me but if that's the case with you then try putting them on a strap so you can remove them periodically.:cool:

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
Mark, sometimes I'll get a headache too but it's from the stems digging into my head above my ears. Some glasses won't do this to me but if that's the case with you then try putting them on a strap so you can remove them periodically.:cool:

I wish that was the case but its teh Polarize its self that messes with my eyes. When I put a pair on all the area of my peripheral vision gets distorted. I can wear cheap sunglasses if I can find some that are not polarized but that is almost impossible anymore.

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah they made a difference. I wore my polarized HD glasses to... uhh.,, lets call it "bug creek" and got a few hookups! I can easily spot the fish. I can probably count the rocks on the bottom! I saw and hooked fish that nobody else saw either!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Part of the game is actually being able to spot fish, an ability some people lack. A lot of times due only to a lack of experience.
I was visiting a section of a certain river that my family has property on. There was a school of trout sitting in a very clear pool not 10 feet away. The sun was at such an angle that you could only see them if you had polarized glasses which were of adequate quality to cut the glare. If you had them you could (at least I could) see them clear as day. My aunt was curious about the benefits of polarized glasses so I let her wear them and try to spot the fish. She was unable... No matter how hard I tried to pinpoint the location for her, she just couldn't pick them out from the rocks. As far as my perception was concerned they could have have glowing nuclear neonish green and I would not have been able to see them any better. My aunt, on the other hand, was completely unable to find them. She otherwise has great vision, I have just spent a large part of my life picking out trout in streams and rivers.

O
OnTheFly
GraphiteZen said:
Part of the game is actually being able to spot fish, an ability some people lack. A lot of times due only to a lack of experience. QUOTE]
Moving water will create 'Flat Spots' in between the riffles. Once you spot one of these, just follow it as it moves along. It actually looks like a clear window.

H
halibuthitman
Markcanby said:
I wish that was the case but its teh Polarize its self that messes with my eyes. When I put a pair on all the area of my peripheral vision gets distorted. I can wear cheap sunglasses if I can find some that are not polarized but that is almost impossible anymore.

I wear mountain mountaineering style glacier glasses that eliminate any outside light... and my peripheral vision... exept on river with gigantic grizzly and brown bears... that would be very dangerous... but in the drifter they are the balls!

C
colbypearson
GraphiteZen said:
Part of the game is actually being able to spot fish, an ability some people lack. A lot of times due only to a lack of experience.
I was visiting a section of a certain river that my family has property on. There was a school of trout sitting in a very clear pool not 10 feet away. The sun was at such an angle that you could only see them if you had polarized glasses which were of adequate quality to cut the glare. If you had them you could (at least I could) see them clear as day. My aunt was curious about the benefits of polarized glasses so I let her wear them and try to spot the fish. She was unable... No matter how hard I tried to pinpoint the location for her, she just couldn't pick them out from the rocks. As far as my perception was concerned they could have have glowing nuclear neonish green and I would not have been able to see them any better. My aunt, on the other hand, was completely unable to find them. She otherwise has great vision, I have just spent a large part of my life picking out trout in streams and rivers.

haha reminds me of when im bass fishing i will see a big one swim under and i tell people to LOOK, LOOK ITS HUGE LOOK COME ONE......... you dont see it!!! they miss it and i just get mad haha makes me laugh when i think about it i want them to see it so bad.... its time on the water that gets you to notice the subtle differences and find the fish lurking below that so many pass up :)

B
bigsteel
colbypearson said:
haha reminds me of when im bass fishing i will see a big one swim under and i tell people to LOOK, LOOK ITS HUGE LOOK COME ONE......... you dont see it!!! they miss it and i just get mad haha makes me laugh when i think about it i want them to see it so bad.... its time on the water that gets you to notice the subtle differences and find the fish lurking below that so many pass up :)

hahah,im that guy colby who can't see a fish if it jumped out the water and tail smacked me,ive been with metalfisher and he will spot a fish 50 feet away and yell out look here he comes and im looking around like what the hell where is the fish,then i see a bright flash buzz by me and i get mad.

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigsteel said:
hahah,im that guy colby who can't see a fish if it jumped out the water and tail smacked me,ive been with metalfisher and he will spot a fish 50 feet away and yell out look here he comes and im looking around like what the hell where is the fish,then i see a bright flash buzz by me and i get mad.

Glad I'm not the only one.

A
Anyfishisfine
BobbiDollPDX said:

Glad I'm not the only one with eyes that are my own enemy. I did not know you could get prescription polarized. About what do they run you?

B
BobbiDollPDX
Anyfishisfine said:
Glad I'm not the only one with eyes that are my own enemy. I did not know you could get prescription polarized. About what do they run you?

Because mine are progressive bifocals, there could be less expensive options, but my frames were $100 and the lenses were $162.49 each. I went to Binyon's cuz they had a buy 1 get 1 free special (frames and lenses) so I got my daily wear and the sunglasses both for $453.93. They are running that special again through the 31st, you can find a coupon on their website.