Patterns for Harriet

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Was thinking about breaking out the tube for Harriet this weekend and was curious as to what the better patterns are there.

I have little skill at this time so I generally just drag a bugger around the lake until something bites. Works pretty good on Trillium but wasn't sure about Harriet.

T
troutmasta
Im not the most avid fly fisherman. But My buddy is and if I rember correctly he used like wooly buggers or egg sucking leach style patterns. Also in the shallow grass where the river flows in you can use top water flies. not to farmiliar on the patterns for those. Ive used an ant pattern and caught a brown.
Good luck!

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Much appreciated.

P
perfectg03
Rufus patterns, cascade special, carey special, any shiny body soft hackle. Wolly buggers as mentioned above work well, but keep them small.

W
wozniasm
perfectg03 said:
Rufus patterns, cascade special, carey special, any shiny body soft hackle. Wooly buggers as mentioned above work well, but keep them small.
Definitely Carey Specials and I picked up tons on a Muddler Minnow. Fishing was best from sunup till about 10:30 - low and slow!

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Very much appreciated all.

F
furflinger
Im Heading up too, What Day? I fling stillwater nymphs in olive and brown in size 10-12- also some damsel nymphs this time of year. (On top) light caddis 12-16/ There are some calibeatis in the shallow stump patch area great for hanging a couple poxyback calibeatis nymphs - Im thinking of anchoring in the channel and pull up some midge pupaes also 12-16 in light olive and black with a type3. Let me know and ill meet you up there and swap some flies.
Tight lines and Rip some Lips,
furflinger-

O
OnTheFly
Peacock Carey Specials and crystal buggers trolled or retrieved slow, Hairs ear nymph close to the bottom with agonizing slow retrieve, and light cahill for top water. Ant might work this time of year too.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
furflinger said:
Im Heading up too, What Day? I fling stillwater nymphs in olive and brown in size 10-12- also some damsel nymphs this time of year. (On top) light caddis 12-16/ There are some calibeatis in the shallow stump patch area great for hanging a couple poxyback calibeatis nymphs - Im thinking of anchoring in the channel and pull up some midge pupaes also 12-16 in light olive and black with a type3. Let me know and ill meet you up there and swap some flies.
Tight lines and Rip some Lips,
furflinger-

My apologies just saw this post. Sadly I was unable to get out as I planned. I hope you were successful.