Oxbow Park Salmon

F
fishfinder
I am going to oxbow to try for salmon.
What should I use?
any one else going?
I will be wearing a blue backpack.
 
A
Anyfishisfine
Mgdguy and I are planning on being there around 6:30. Depending on who drives, I think it's my turn, it will be a green Jeep (me), or a blue minivan (can't remember the make of his rig).

I'm not sure exactly where we will start though. I think the Naked Lady Drift was where we were going to start, and then work our way in if need be.

As far as what to bring, I'm still figuring that out. Spinners, drifting some fake eggs, and perhaps even a jig or two under a bobber is what I'll be trying.
 
M
mgdguy
Anyfishisfine said:
or a blue minivan (can't remember the make of his rig).

Dude it's an Xterra. That's just mean :naughty:

:lol:
 
A
Anyfishisfine
mgdguy said:
Dude it's an Xterra. That's just mean :naughty:

:lol:

Yeah, that ;)

LOL, I looked it up, and it's not a van at all. Well, I never do get much sleep the night before, so I get a bit punchy.
 
G
GDBrown
I've never fished Oxbow before! Mind if I join you and learn from the masters?

GD
 
A
Anyfishisfine
GDBrown said:
I've never fished Oxbow before! Mind if I join you and learn from the masters?

GD

Come on out, but I don't think there will be masters among us. We can learn and be foolish together though.
 
G
GDBrown
Anyfishisfine said:
Come on out, but I don't think there will be masters among us. We can learn and be foolish together though.

Sounds OK to me. I will not likely get there at 6:30, seeings how I'm coming from Hillsboro, I'll be looking for your rigs from my gray Tacoma 4X4.

Later,
GD
 
B
bigdog
GDBrown said:
Sounds OK to me. I will not likely get there at 6:30, seeings how I'm coming from Hillsboro, I'll be looking for your rigs from my gray Tacoma 4X4.

Later,
GD

Is that a mini van like the exterra? :lol:
 
I
imfishing
Oxbow Park Salmon

Greetings.

I hope that was a nice trip and you got some hookups.

I would like to have published a yearly map of
all the sandy river fishing spots including their colorful names.

I would do all the leg-work myself along with the picture taking.

Anyhow - Hope the trip was good.

--imfishing
 
G
GDBrown
Spent 6 hours in the park seeing only one fish landed. I met Anyfishisfine and spent some time loosing line with him. The fish were flying up river where we were and nothing we through at them did much at all.

I came home wooped! All my line was tangled on the bait casting reel, the lead is in the river and the fish are upstream.

I spent the rest of the day looking at Cedar Creek area and Dodge Park. Met a guy at Dodge Park who only uses Blue Fox spinners and tagged 29 coho last year from the Sandy. He said he landed 50 all together but some were natives and had to be let go. It was a little hard to understand him though, he had a broken jaw which was wired into place. Does he sound familiar to anyone.
 
G
GDBrown
Mini Van??

Mini Van??

bigdog said:
Is that a mini van like the exterra? :lol:

:shock:Nope it is like a "TACO" !!!!!:shock:
 
M
mgdguy
GDBrown said:
:shock:Nope it is like a "TACO" !!!!!:shock:

I hope you all aren't making fun of my Xterra - yea the one I bought for the wife with the flower decals on the back :rolleyes: :lol:

GD I didn't get to talk to you out there but glad to see another OFFer out there with me and AnyFishIsFine. Those kids hitting rocks into the water and bouncing one the log p1ssed me off...:mad:
 
G
GDBrown
Yeah I thought it was kind of rude.... I guess they didn't want anyone in their HOLE. I wasn't makin fun of your Xterra. I was looking for it but never did see it. What Time did you get there?

GD
 
M
mgdguy
GDBrown said:
Yeah I thought it was kind of rude.... I guess they didn't want anyone in their HOLE. I wasn't makin fun of your Xterra. I was looking for it but never did see it. What Time did you get there?

GD

We ended up in AnyFish'es Green Jeep Cherokee :)
 
A
Anyfishisfine
It was frustrating watching those fish laugh at us, but I think the jumping on the log and 9-iron had a lot to do with it too. Cold and rain will cure that.
 
G
GDBrown
That I saw. I'm up to Tacoma next weekend but I may go back to the Sandy the week after. It's late now and I need my beauty sleep.

see ya'll later,

GD
 
B
bigdog
GDBrown said:
Spent 6 hours in the park seeing only one fish landed. I met Anyfishisfine and spent some time loosing line with him. The fish were flying up river where we were and nothing we through at them did much at all.

I came home wooped! All my line was tangled on the bait casting reel, the lead is in the river and the fish are upstream.

I spent the rest of the day looking at Cedar Creek area and Dodge Park. Met a guy at Dodge Park who only uses Blue Fox spinners and tagged 29 coho last year from the Sandy. He said he landed 50 all together but some were natives and had to be let go. It was a little hard to understand him though, he had a broken jaw which was wired into place. Does he sound familiar to anyone.

I know just who you are talking about. I met him last year he travels with a box full of all sort of collor foxes and yes that is all he uses. Nice guy to I fished with him a couple times. I'm going to have to hit the sandy next weekend and see if I can catch up with him.
 

Similar threads

Trout Slayer_7
Replies
8
Views
705
Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
J
Replies
1
Views
503
Clbagshaw
C
rogerdodger
Replies
1
Views
161
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
1
Replies
9
Views
718
Barracudaville Charters
B
H
Replies
9
Views
1K
Fishpdx
F
Top Bottom