Oxbow or Brownlee

C
craigatkins
I have been asked to take a neighbor and his family fishing on the snake the first week in August. I have a boat and they are looking to catch crappie, catfish, and bass. Which of these two areas would be best. Also could anyone recommend a good campground with hookups and tent sites. Since the loop road is gone we will be coming in from Baker and I think that would put us on Brownlee first. I am also considering going to farewell bend as well. Thanks for any help.

J
joesnuffy
IMO, Oxbow is best for Bass and Brownlee for the rest of those. There is camping with hookups at both places.

C
craigatkins
Thanks Joe, I seem to recall that a friend of one of my cousins has an RV place on the powder river in Richland that has a boat launch. Hope to get them into a mess of crappie, nothing better in my opinion. Later.

J
Jasony
Id go with Brownlee...Farewell bend has a great campground. the cat fishing is really good up river and at slack water down river. The bass and crappie fishing is also very good...Oxbow has the big trophy bass but brownlee is loaded full of smallies that can be picked up regularly by tying a grub below your crappie jigs...this also hits catfish...It's not out of the ordinary for my live-well to be full of crappie, bass, and catfish all caught off the same rig. Tie the top two jigs 18" apart (surgions knot) and then tie on the heavier grub 18" below that. bounce the jig off the bottom while drifting over strucure or ledges...you never know whats going to hit...what a blast!

G
G3 fishin
For sure go to Oxbow!! Most of the crappies this year recently got flushed below Brownlee dam, Id fish above Oxbow dam. Its to bad, I just cancelled my trip to brownlee for the spring bit. DAMM IDAHO POWER!!