Open seat tomorrow, fishing the Columbia

O
osmosis
You read right, I have one seat open for tomorrow below bonneville on the C for steelhead.
First PM gets it. I will be launching at about 7am at "the fishery" boat launch.

Running my gear so all you need is a non greasy lunch and plenty of water.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I see it first I win!! To bad I have used up my allotted gas money going to Astoria last week for Chinook. It should be a fun time on the water! Good luck!

Y
youngbuck307
wow have you still not got a pm??? i would but got my kid for the night so can't. still down for later this week though?

O
osmosis
:d got a half dozen within about 45 seconds haha.
Seat is taken.

hope you make it up to put some blood on the rocks come coho season Steelhead stalkers

Y
youngbuck307
lol thats kinda what I thought would happen.

S
steelhead_stalkers
For sure!! I might need some lessons in how to swing a fly in the fast water! :D Seems pretty effective, if I have no luck with some jigs and floats or bait or spinners.

T
Troutier Bassier
Well? Ya catch Anything?

O
osmosis
yep we caught plenty of fish, but every dang last one of 'em had a fin so nothing was taken home!!
There was very very little current below bonneville today, so the fish were very spread out and we had to work hard for 'em.

T
Troutier Bassier
You were trolling Right?

O
osmosis
nope, sittin on anchor. running spinners.

T
Troutier Bassier
Why is there sooo many Wild fish?
isn't there more Hatcherys going through?

O
osmosis
there are many, many more non clipped fish being caught than clipped fish.. I personally believe there are more than a couple hatcheries that stopped clipping fish due to private agendas.

F
FishSchooler
There are like 15000 hatcheries, and 4000 wilds going through these days. Whats going on?!

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats what I meant.
There are way more Hatcheries then Wilds but everyone is catching Wilds?!?!?!?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Thats what I meant.
There are way more Hatcheries then Wilds but everyone is catching Wilds?!?!?!?

Cause if people were catching hatcheries, you would go. :tongue: :D

F
FishKiller23
osmosis said:
yep we caught plenty of fish, but every dang last one of 'em had a fin so nothing was taken home!!
There was very very little current below bonneville today, so the fish were very spread out and we had to work hard for 'em.

So how did the wind treat you guys out there? Sounds like you guys had a blast even with out any fish to take home. But hey you got to fight the fish and some times thats the best part of it.

O
osmosis
There was almost no wind at all today. This time that was a bad thing, there wasn't any windchill so we roasted out there!
Catching fish is fun, but I like to kill and eat my fish!

R
rainman
osmosis said:
there are many, many more non clipped fish being caught than clipped fish.. I personally believe there are more than a couple hatcheries that stopped clipping fish due to private agendas.

Now, why would anybody want to do that ??

Last edited:
R
rainman
osmosis said:
You read right, I have one seat open for tomorrow below bonneville on the C for steelhead.
First PM gets it. I will be launching at about 7am at "the fishery" boat launch.

Running my gear so all you need is a non greasy lunch and plenty of water.

Just where is this 'at the fishery' boat launch ?? I just might go there instead of Chinook Landing Thursday.

K
Kodiak
OOH..OHH..I want to go..am I too Late?..:lol: Glad to here you punctured lips!..How do you get into the nooks up there?