Open seat tomorrow, fishing the Columbia

O

osmosis

You read right, I have one seat open for tomorrow below bonneville on the C for steelhead.
First PM gets it. I will be launching at about 7am at "the fishery" boat launch.

Running my gear so all you need is a non greasy lunch and plenty of water.

S

steelhead_stalkers

I see it first I win!! To bad I have used up my allotted gas money going to Astoria last week for Chinook. It should be a fun time on the water! Good luck!

Y

youngbuck307

wow have you still not got a pm??? i would but got my kid for the night so can't. still down for later this week though?

O

osmosis

:d got a half dozen within about 45 seconds haha.
Seat is taken.

hope you make it up to put some blood on the rocks come coho season Steelhead stalkers

S

steelhead_stalkers

For sure!! I might need some lessons in how to swing a fly in the fast water! :D Seems pretty effective, if I have no luck with some jigs and floats or bait or spinners.

O

osmosis

yep we caught plenty of fish, but every dang last one of 'em had a fin so nothing was taken home!!
There was very very little current below bonneville today, so the fish were very spread out and we had to work hard for 'em.

T

Troutier Bassier

Why is there sooo many Wild fish?
isn't there more Hatcherys going through?

O

osmosis

there are many, many more non clipped fish being caught than clipped fish.. I personally believe there are more than a couple hatcheries that stopped clipping fish due to private agendas.

F

FishSchooler

There are like 15000 hatcheries, and 4000 wilds going through these days. Whats going on?!

T

Troutier Bassier

Thats what I meant.
There are way more Hatcheries then Wilds but everyone is catching Wilds?!?!?!?

F

FishKiller23

yep we caught plenty of fish, but every dang last one of 'em had a fin so nothing was taken home!!
There was very very little current below bonneville today, so the fish were very spread out and we had to work hard for 'em.

So how did the wind treat you guys out there? Sounds like you guys had a blast even with out any fish to take home. But hey you got to fight the fish and some times thats the best part of it.

O

osmosis

There was almost no wind at all today. This time that was a bad thing, there wasn't any windchill so we roasted out there!
Catching fish is fun, but I like to kill and eat my fish!

R

rainman

there are many, many more non clipped fish being caught than clipped fish.. I personally believe there are more than a couple hatcheries that stopped clipping fish due to private agendas.

Now, why would anybody want to do that ??

Last edited:
R

rainman

You read right, I have one seat open for tomorrow below bonneville on the C for steelhead.
First PM gets it. I will be launching at about 7am at "the fishery" boat launch.

Running my gear so all you need is a non greasy lunch and plenty of water.

Just where is this 'at the fishery' boat launch ?? I just might go there instead of Chinook Landing Thursday.

K

Kodiak

Banned User
OOH..OHH..I want to go..am I too Late?..:lol: Glad to here you punctured lips!..How do you get into the nooks up there?