olallie lake ( gods country)

W
wormosa
thank you for the info, i will have to try it next time i go, it might be sooner then later, i am going to get a honker out of that lake if it kills me lol

N
newbiebutgoodie
So, in trying to figure out how to get to Olallie Lake, I've noticed there's two of them??! I thought at first I was wrong, but in following up w/ more internet research and looking through the Olallie threads, there does appear to be 2, one near Estacada and one near Detroit. Now, the drive to each lake from Portland is significantly different, so can someone please tell me which one this thread is referring to? I apologize for my ignorance..I'm from NY and I'm still trying to figure these Oregon waters out. The lake in this thread seems phenomenal and I would really hate to drive all the way out to the wrong one. Thanks!

T
troutmagic
newbiebutgoodie said:
So, in trying to figure out how to get to Olallie Lake, I've noticed there's two of them??! I thought at first I was wrong, but in following up w/ more internet research and looking through the Olallie threads, there does appear to be 2, one near Estacada and one near Detroit. Now, the drive to each lake from Portland is significantly different, so can someone please tell me which one this thread is referring to? I apologize for my ignorance..I'm from NY and I'm still trying to figure these Oregon waters out. The lake in this thread seems phenomenal and I would really hate to drive all the way out to the wrong one. Thanks!

They are both the same lake. What you are seeing is directions from two different places. There is only one Olallie. :D

W
wormosa
newbiebutgoodie said:

the lake is amazing, be prepared to row, the easiest way i think is through detoit...when i was there yesterday i believe there was 6 boats on the lake.... but a lot of bank fishers....you wil love it

N
newbiebutgoodie
ahh.. thanks for the clarification. i was sitting here scratching my head:think:.. but it appears the website that was causing me the most confusion.. Olallie Lake Estacada or, was just pointing me in the direction of the "olallie lake scenic area".. they probably use the vague language to get tourists or newcomers like myself to drive through their places of business. so the lake is pretty far from me, but i'll plan a camping trip there soon. you all got me verrry interested in checking it out. and i have an inflatable raft w/ no motor, so it'll be a perfect place to take it out and not have to worry about the wake and noise caused by the big motor boats.. happy fishing!

Last edited:
B
Big Hairy Dawg
I have seen success with just trolling a fly on my rod and reel. Troll slow and long line it with lite line.
Good luck!

Big Hairy Dawg

T
troutmagic
here is a little bit of what you will see up there!
Picture225.jpg

Picture241.jpg

Picture253.jpg

T
Troutier Bassier
Like I said, Gawds Country

C
Carl762
That's beautiful up there. I gotta head on up and do some fishin' in God's Country.

I have many flies, and will troll in my white aquapod.

C
chrishophoto
A couple other shots.

A couple other shots.

Here's two more shots I took from my campsite (I actually camped on Monon Lake nearby). The light was provided by the rising full moon, and a small lantern.

-C

Last edited by a moderator:
P
Pita
awesome, chris!!! :clap: :dance:

Reactions: wormosa
W
wormosa
i am going to try to go back up this sunday, i am trying to talk my brother into it, i want to stay the night and fish the evening, and iw ill definetly try to long line it, i know my honker is in there waiting to commit suicide

C
chrishophoto
wormosa said:
i am going to try to go back up this sunday, i am trying to talk my brother into it, i want to stay the night and fish the evening, and iw ill definetly try to long line it, i know my honker is in there waiting to commit suicide

Good luck! I won't be there to catch the big ones, so it's up to you!

-C

Reactions: Pita
W
wormosa
thanks chris... my wife offered to go if my brother cannot go, so i am definetly going... i am going to have her go to freddies tomorrow and get a few kastmasters...i am thinking i will try thm for awhile and then eventually go to trolling units with them, i am learning that baits might not work and to use metal...i will update you when i get back... jim

Reactions: Pita
T
troutmagic
Great pictures Chris!