Olalla Res.

brandon4455
brandon4455
GraphiteZen said:
There are also some very large catfish. I know this is true as I have seen them along the bottom on my sonar, I have also spoken with the very individual who claimed to have dumped them back in the 70s or early 80s ore something... :lol:

There are some VERY large bass in Olalla. I have hooked them myself. ;) A poster on another thread made the claim that there are smallmouth there... I don't think that this is true.
i searched olalla on ifish and on an older thread a guy claims het got his best largemouth out of there on a black and blue jig 7.5lbs!!! i'm excited to try for them.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Wait!!! I just read in the OP that he caught 5 little smallmouth.... :lol::lol::lol:

Forget what I said about me not believing they are in there haha..

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
And forget what I said in my very last post because I just read the remainder of this thread and apparently I was long ago convinced of there being smallies in Olalla. So, yeah that.

M
mahmichael
Hi, is there a camp ground near olalla? to put two tents. And is there drinking water?!!
Thanks

troutdude
troutdude
Nope, not at the lake anyway. It is private property and only open for day trippers (no overnight stays).

The closest place would likely be on the coast, just north of Newport (Moolack, I think it's called). From that campground, it's about a 15 - 20 minute drive to Olalla.

M
mahmichael
Thanks troutdude!

troutdude
troutdude
Happy to help. It's one of my fav places to fish! Feel free to PM me, if you'd like any more details (tips, tricks, etc).