"OFF"ers Unite

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I love the Siletz,count me in. :D

T
TTFishon
I may or may not make it. I work Saturdays but I can try to get my furlough that day. If that's the case then I won't be able to get there til around 9:00.

B
beaverfan
I'm gonna try to make it but not sure, anyone gonna head down from the Beaverton area? want to split gas?

P
plumb2fish
Sorry but I won't be able to attend due to a work related class. I have no choice but to attend. I hope that if any of you do go that you knock em dead. Try up the logging road, down in the canyon. Spinners and spoons are irresistable to those big bruiser nates if presented properly..Bobber and jig work really well at the corner hole in the park. about 11 feet deep on the inside of the fast water in the corner is where the hatchery fish tend to lay.
Pink,white pink head worked really well last time i was there.

J
JeannaJigs
I'm in but I think I'm gonna bring my boat since I'm doing a float on the siletz this weekend. but I'll be around :) and...I might possibly have an open seat. Will see.

F
FishFiddle
Is this gig still on? have'nt heard anything for a couple weeks.... 6:30 @ moonshine??

E
eggs
YeA people still doing this?

T
TTFishon
I'm not going to be able to make it. Hope you guys have fun and get into some fish.

J
JeannaJigs
well crap, I haven't had internet and completely forgot about this. Sorry guys!

J
justNorthofya
so?? did anyone go? I'd like to make a trip like this if there are still people interested..

F
FishFiddle
Sounded like most everyone checked out or whatever....went to the Alsea instead as it is much closer. Nobody responded to my query on Thurs. about whether it was on or off. I would be interested in another endeavor. Just got another drift boat so would be fun to meet up with some folks.

J
justNorthofya
it'd be cool if we could float it together sometime..I'm going to attempt at least a few trips over there for salmon this year...the "town drift" is my favorite drift in Oregon but mostly because you don't have to worry about a shuttle or a bike to get to your rig.

did you float the Alsea ? I've only banked it there once... but would love to float it sometime

F
FishFiddle
justNorthofya said:
it'd be cool if we could float it together sometime..I'm going to attempt at least a few trips over there for salmon this year...the "town drift" is my favorite drift in Oregon but mostly because you don't have to worry about a shuttle or a bike to get to your rig.

did you float the Alsea ? I've only banked it there once... but would love to float it sometime

Yes, We floated from Mill Cr. to Campbell about 3 miles by road. Really took our time and spent about 7-8 hrs on this stretch. The water was low around 4.5 ft. and even at that lower level it was an easy float. Had my son along so we threw in one of those fold-up bikes (dahon) and he rode back up to get the rig. He was back by the time I got the boat cleaned up and ready to load. We forgot his street shoes so he had to ride in waders and it got a little warm. Ha! We didn't catch anything, saw two hooked but not landed. If you want to come down sometime I might be up to a twin float.

Top Bottom