ODFW warm water fishing maps

C
cookshot
I was looking at the ODFW warm water fishing map for central Oregon and want to hit some of the ponds along I-84 on my way back to La Grande, but I'm not sure where they are. The map is pretty vague and I can't find the names on Google maps. I was specifically looking at the first 4-- The Bonneville pool, I-84 ponds (3), Taylor lake, and The Dalles pool (Lake celilo). If anyone has fished them, or can at least tell me exactly where they are, I would appreciate it. Also, are all of the bodies of water on the south side of I-84 good to fish? Or do they have fish in them? Some of them look fishy.

T
Troutier Bassier
Most of the 1-84 ponds are little lakes that are choked with spawning carp right now. The only 2 I know are Benson Lake and Hartman Pond, There located by Multnomah falls. They have trout, bass, bluegill, crappie, and carp and...... thats as far as Im gonna go.

T
the_intimidator03

the two highlighted in bold are going to be the columbia river above the respective dam...

troutdude
FYI...

it may NOT be legal to use 2 rods (if you had that in mind). It would be a good idea to check the reg's, if you planned to use 2 rods.

C
cookshot
Thanks for the info so far! I think I'll give them a try tomorrow, let you guys know if I do any good. No I wasn't planning on using two rods, I'm too cheap to buy the license. Why would it be illegal though?

T
the_intimidator03
basically on the 2 rod license you need to purchase the 17 dollar permit to allow you to use two rods. the entire columbia river is not open for the two rod license use. a lot of lakes and reservoirs are OK'ed for use with 2 rod license.

troutdude
basically on the 2 rod license you need to purchase the 17 dollar permit to allow you to use two rods. the entire columbia river is not open for the two rod license use. a lot of lakes and reservoirs are OK'ed for use with 2 rod license.

Don't know why, but it is ODFW reg's. The Columbia and Snake ponds/lakes are listed as "OFF" limits!

T
the_intimidator03
because they have fish ladders and are still pretty much flowing in a sense they are not land locked

R
Ritchie
m i wana do carp fishing which lake do u recomd? does that require a tag