Odell beginner report

jamisonace
jamisonace
You've heard from the pro so here's one from a Koke newbie.

I'd never caught a Kokanee though I had tried a few times. My buddy, his daughter and I decided to to try out his new sonar at Odell on Saturday.

We really didn't know what we were doing but we figured it out. We started jigging over schools and picked up a couple. We decided to troll and got a few more. Then we stopped on top of a huge school and got 5 in about 15 minutes. He jigged and I cast and jigged on the retrieve. At one point I hooked six in a row. Of course I only landed three.

The size seemed to be really nice though I don't have anything to compare them to. They made some delish grilled Kokanee sandwiches tonight.

Here's a pic of my share. The board is a 1x12.

image.jpgl

O
OnTheDrop
Nice... Drove by there today, it was gorgeous.

C_Run
C_Run
Those are mighty tasty. 12" is just fine. I wish it was closer for me but kind of a long day trip.

troutdude
troutdude
Well done Mr. Ace. Twelve inchers are about, an average size. Although I believe that Odell, does have even larger ones. The big Mac's love their sandwiches too!

G
Gulfstream
Nice going!

jamisonace
jamisonace
We did see a guy pick up a Mack on a jig. It wasn't huge but I'm sure it was looking for a koke sandwich.

troutdude said:
Well done Mr. Ace. Twelve inchers are about, an average size. Although I believe that Odell, does have even larger ones. The big Mac's love their sandwiches too!

C_Run
C_Run
jamisonace said:
We did see a guy pick up a Mack on a jig. It wasn't huge but I'm sure it was looking for a koke sandwich.

I've only been there once and couldn't catch a kokanee to save myself but did catch and undersized Mac, about 5 lbs, on a tiny jig and light tackle.

jamisonace
jamisonace
what I saw was about 3 pounds. We did mark some big ones on sonar though.

C_Run said:
I've only been there once and couldn't catch a kokanee to save myself but did catch and undersized Mac, about 5 lbs, on a tiny jig and light tackle.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep yep. Could be a state record, down there.

T
The Lucky Duck
Well done, good to hear the jigs are working for you.