Northeastern members

C
colt
I have been gone a good while. Busy with life and all. Thought about coming back here a few times and something has always come up. So i return and i notice activity is very low for this area. Are the members more located in the central/western part of the state or are some a little reluctant to discuss fishing in NE oregon?

Since my last visit, i acquired a boat, took up steelhead fishing, got into bass fishing more and more every year, and go panfish and catfishing here and there. The locations i fish varies but generally mckay, snake, phillips, and occasionally columbia gorge.

Also, my schedule isn't like others, and i have taken an interest to going solo in my boat. It isn't easy loading and unloading, but i do whatever it takes if any of my friends are busy and the wife isn't able to go. I actually enjoy the soltitude and being alone sometimes. I am just curious about other members experiences in the NE zone and if there may be any tips on targeting certain species in certain locations.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Glad that, you have returned. I don't know why, but I rarely seen any reports from that area. There aren't as many people, over there. But the population, isn't zero!

Let's hope that your thread, will be a catalyst for more threads, posts, stories, and pics. Fingers crossed...
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: colt
W
Willerman
NE Oregon is high up on my list of places I want to fish. My friend's husband is a fly fishing guide in that area and is always posting really cool pics and videos of the Snake.

About 80% of my fishing trips on the boat are solo... so you are not alone in those regards. I find it very peaceful :) Welcome back and tight lines.
 
  • Like
Reactions: colt
C
colt
troutdude;n606577 said:
Glad that, you have returned. I don't know why, but I rarely seen any reports from that area. There aren't as many people, over there. But the population, isn't zero!

Let's hope that your thread, will be a catalyst for more threads, posts, stories, and pics. Fingers crossed...

I am hoping so myself :) and it is nice to be back! I know quite a few people here myself that spend a lot of time fishing. I find it hard to believe there wouldnt be people here that also fish in the area.

Willerman is there a method for unloading you have found out that works well for you? Trying to jump the water onto my tire to access the boat i imagine can turn into an ugly accident someday.
 
W
Willerman
colt;n606597 said:
Willerman is there a method for unloading you have found out that works well for you? Trying to jump the water onto my tire to access the boat i imagine can turn into an ugly accident someday.

My boat is a flat bottom with ribs, so it has to be in the exact perfect spot on the trailer when I am loading it up. I tried for months to find a technique where I could stay dry; I tried the rope, I tried getting good at motoring it up the trailer... no success. And with having a jeep (no bed to jump in/out of) and having to put the boat in the perfect spot on the trailer.... I said screw it. I always just bring a pair of sandals in the summer or waders in the winter to slip in/out of so I can get in the water. It may be a little inconvenient to put them on/take them off, but I can get my boat in and out of the water pretty dang fast.
 
  • Like
Reactions: colt
C
colt
Willerman;n606602 said:
My boat is a flat bottom with ribs, so it has to be in the exact perfect spot on the trailer when I am loading it up. I tried for months to find a technique where I could stay dry; I tried the rope, I tried getting good at motoring it up the trailer... no success. And with having a jeep (no bed to jump in/out of) and having to put the boat in the perfect spot on the trailer.... I said screw it. I always just bring a pair of sandals in the summer or waders in the winter to slip in/out of so I can get in the water. It may be a little inconvenient to put them on/take them off, but I can get my boat in and out of the water pretty dang fast.

That was an option i considered. I have a pair of simms water shoes that are lace up. I guess i could wear those all day and man up to load the boat. I have no problem with loading. It is the unloading that concerns me more lol. I could try the rope method. Thanks for the tip.
 

Similar threads

jenniferwillow
Replies
9
Views
771
Irishrover
Irishrover
jamisonace
Replies
16
Views
1K
Artwo
Artwo
jamisonace
Replies
11
Views
899
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
retiredandfishing
Replies
2
Views
980
retiredandfishing
retiredandfishing
bass
Replies
2
Views
1K
bass
bass
Top Bottom