North Umpqua River

B
bluefoxfan
Fished the North below Rock creek today. Hooked three and landed this 27" fish on a blue Blue Fox spinner. Also saw two guys on the trail with four fish before 8 AM. Beautiful day, sunny and 80, with fish biting.

B
Bohemian
Nice fish!!! :clap::clap::clap: Sounds like a perfect day!
Congratulations!

H
Hooked on fishin'
Awesome catch! What size fox were you using?

K
Kodiak
Awesome catch! What size fox were you using?

Looks like a #4 blue body nickle blade.

BFF>>> If you like those...can't even say the name, you should try raptors.

M
Mad dog
Hmmm....Nice meeting you Blue fox fan! :lol:

Did the 2 perp's on the trail look like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Nice "almost" meeting ya...

Nice "almost" meeting ya...

That is a very nice haul you guys. A couple of OFF stickers on your tackle boxes and you could have shared a stretch of water or even a brewski...er,cup of coffee. Way to go and congrats to all!
Be safe.
Barb

Troutski
Offers...

Offers...

Wow we have Offers coming and going, great catch all of you. As far a Blue Foxes go...very effective lure. You see easy to say when you use color

Chuck

H
Hooked on fishin'
Looks like a #4 blue body nickle blade.

BFF>>> If you like those...can't even say the name, you should try raptors.

Duh!! I looked at the pic again, and NOW I see the fox!! Missed it the first time. Thanks Kodiak!

M
Mike123
Fished the North below Rock creek today. Hooked three and landed this 27" fish on a blue Blue Fox spinner. Also saw two guys on the trail with four fish before 8 AM. Beautiful day, sunny and 80, with fish biting.

Nice fish!

I'd have to say, for summers, blue body is my go to color! That or purple!

M
Mad dog
Bluefox fan....of course I was just kidding when I said it was all over when we met you heading down the trail! :lol: That's my sarcastic nature! Personality defect....can't help it! Looks like you did good! Congrat's!
My In-laws are in town for the weekend so we took the father-in-law out at first light this morning to look at some Whitetail bucks. We threw the rods in the truck, just in case! My oldest hooked up with 3 and landed 2 and we didn't start until later than what I would consider prime summer run fishing hours. I never touched a fish! The kid is good!!! One of the best I have ever seen! I would like to take credit for teaching him what he knows but he is beyond me!

David with a hatchery fish, headed for a neighbors dinner table!

A gorgeous native hen! Very bright! David with his grandfather.

Last edited:
B
bluefoxfan
Nice to meet you Mad dog. I do remember talking to you on the trail. Nice catch for both of you. I like to cast the Blue Fox #4's in blue,black and lime green. I spent some time throwing jigs to no avail. Must be nice to be so close to that great North Umpqua. That was a real pretty hen with that ugly bug. Looks like grandfather wishes he was holding a fish too!

Last edited:
B
bluefoxfan
Back to the North Umpqua today. Hooked two and landed a 28" steelie. Using #4 Blue Fox spinner, first fish hit a firetiger and raced across river, did a cartwheel and threw my hook. Next fish took a #3 black at the tail out of a rapid. After a nice scrap I was able to bank this chrome bright fish. It was so hot "103", that I cut this short and hit Rock creek for a swim.

Last edited: