No love for Trillium

B
bagold53
I see that according to the stocking list Trillium is not getting any love. Did I miss something?

C
cpeaslee
The list for The Dalles district shows last years schedule for Trillium.
I would assume it had not yet been updated for 2014.

T
troutmasta
bagold53 said:
I see that according to the stocking list Trillium is not getting any love. Did I miss something?

You are correct. There is no scheduled stocking for Trillium next year.

?Dunno what to think?

Jim???

D
DrTheopolis
With the popularity of Trillium, I doubt it won't get stocked. Seems more likely a typo/omission.

T
troutmasta
DrTheopolis said:
With the popularity of Trillium, I doubt it won't get stocked. Seems more likely a typo/omission.
I dont see them not stocking it either-

Maoybe its a trick to reduce the "stocking schedule anglers"

In all truth, I had them not announce the stocking this summer so when the Offers showed up in Sep to whip some ___, there was even more fish to be had.

O
OnTheFly
troutmasta said:
You are correct. There is no scheduled stocking for Trillium next year.

?Dunno what to think?

Jim???
I don't know what to make of it. I'm sure it'll get the usual stuff.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I read in the Zig Zag Times that ODF&W is going to make the place a trophy Carp fishery. They are going to poision the lake to get rid of any hold over trash trout in May. There is a new Carp havest tag that you can get on line for $27.50. It shoud make for a fun and exciting fishery. I also read they were thinking about putting a carp hatchery on the Deschutes River next year.

Reactions: brewer
M
mikeee2362
^^^guffaw^^^

troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
I read in the Zig Zag Times that ODF&W is going to make the place a trophy Carp fishery. They are going to poision the lake to get rid of any hold over trash trout in May. There is a new Carp havest tag that you can get on line for $27.50. It shoud make for a fun and exciting fishery. I also read they were thinking about putting a carp hatchery on the Deschutes River next year.

Time to run to Bi-Mart, and pick up my new Carp tag!!! Bwahahaha!

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
Irishrover said:

I'm happy to pay 27.50 for a whole summer of trophy carp on the fly.:lol: Good Lookin out Lon!

M
mikeee2362
I found this...

CARP STOCKING SCHEDULE 2014
Carp stocking for 2014 will take place the same day trout stocking took place in 2013 at
Trillium Lake, and the surrounding lakes for 40 country miles.

All Stocked Carp will be supplied by:

Upper Deschutes Trophy Japanese Tailwalker Koi Strain Carp Hatchery.

Obtain your 2014 carp tag before attempting to target these fish!! Good Luck out there!!

Reactions: brewer and Irishrover
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Irishrover said:

:popcorn: while I may or may not support turning Trillium into a trophy Carp fishery, I just don't trust the system, probably waste the money on stuff like Universities, plus the roads are not all perfect and the aqueduct delivering our water is faulty, so I am just not going to buy the new $27.50 tag for carp, I will take my chances.

But not too concerned, the last time I caught a carp was 1975, in the mighty Columbia, near the glowing Hanford site. No, it did not have 3 eyes...Doh, everyone knows a fish with 2 heads has 4 eyes! :lol::lol::lol:

O
OnTheFly
Yeah....who needs all that trout trash anyway.

W
waco
I hope they bring some of those trophy carps here in the coast as well!! :D

M
mikeee2362
But not too concerned, the last time I caught a carp was 1975, in the mighty Columbia, near the glowing Hanford site. No, it did not have 3 eyes...Doh, everyone knows a fish with 2 heads has 4 eyes! :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Where exactly did you catch that...I need one on my wall next to my Jackalope!!

M
Matimeo
In past years, hasn't the stocking schedule for Trillium been listed under the Willamette region?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the 2013 schedule to refer to? Seems like ODFW doesn't leave a copy of last years schedule once 2014 comes up.

O
o clarki
Matimeo said:
In past years, hasn't the stocking schedule for Trillium been listed under the Willamette region?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the 2013 schedule to refer to? Seems like ODFW doesn't leave a copy of last years schedule once 2014 comes up.

Bingo! Trillium is scheduled to be stocked in May, June, August and September

M
Matimeo
They must have just updated the Willamette schedule today, even though on the site it still says it was last updated 1/3/14. Nice work! Looks like they're putting a lot of fish in there this year. Time to schedule my yearly trip.

F
FRITZFRITZFRITZ
''I caught a carp was 1975'' well i caught one just yesterday in the upper clackamas i would pay the $17.50 but i spent that in gas to drive that fish up to trillium lake.