Nice smallie on the Willamette

T
Throbbit _Shane
I paid 17 dollars for it, and you can fish ponds and lakes with it, and the same limit as before. I think it'll be nice when applegate warms up and the bass start to bite, ill be able to fish for trout and bass at the same time at a great lake.

C
colbypearson
ya that would be cool i would not use it too much but if i wanted to try to catch a carp and bass fish that would be cool i see carp that are GIGANTIC at the ponds but never can catch them im gonna get one this year for sure:pray: one of the huge ones so did you get your limit at applegate or just keep the nicer fish?

T
Throbbit _Shane
I got my limit, 2 of them were nice and fat. plan on getting 5 more and smoking them :D

I too would like to fish for carp but dont know of any where besides the expo.

C
colbypearson
have you ever fished them there? i have seen them waist tall im 5"11 so scary big :shock: i dont know how much they weigh but they get that big humback on them so im thinking a lot they swim under me all the time when im down there sometimes a little too close if they get me off guard and i look down it makes me jump there are some big boys in there i dont know what the weight conversion is but i want to hookup with just one this year one of those big ones i have a spot where they all group up in the spring over 50 of them from 5lbs on to HUGE i had a video from last spring but i got my camera wet so it doesn't work:confused: atleast i have a new camera now

T
Throbbit _Shane
hmmmm maybe i should go there. which pond are u talking about? and which expo ponds do u fish. iv lived here most my life and have only fished there a couple times.

C
colbypearson
i fish them all if you get that pontoon we should go there when the fish are biting good the carp group up in that backpocket by the amphitheater in MASS numberes in the spring it is hard to fish from shore due to all the fincing on the good side but i take my pontoon tou there to fish it then i have full access to the whole thing

T
TTFishon
colbypearson said:
does anyone know any spots on the willamete near corvallis i go there every summer for about a week but never do any good in any local spots i have seen from the road i have gotten 2 smallies out of the willamete near downtown corvallis both about 15 inches if anyone knows anywhere to catch bass within an hour of corvallis that has big bass i would appreciate it im lost in this area of oregon and dont know any spots i heard the good parts of the willamite are north a ways but have no clue how far i got my 2 on tubes any help would be greatly appreciated :think:

I'm not sure but right where Mary's River dumps into the Willamette looks really good. Google Maps

N
noodles427
colbypearson said:
does anyone know any spots on the willamete near corvallis i go there every summer for about a week but never do any good in any local spots i have seen from the road i have gotten 2 smallies out of the willamete near downtown corvallis both about 15 inches if anyone knows anywhere to catch bass within an hour of corvallis that has big bass i would appreciate it im lost in this area of oregon and dont know any spots i heard the good parts of the willamite are north a ways but have no clue how far i got my 2 on tubes any help would be greatly appreciated :think:

Have you tried Thomas Creek. It is off of I-5 about 45 mins or less from you. Take the Jefferson exit past Jefferson going out of the city on jeff-scio hgwy., take the second right after that bridge on to Kelly rd.. Kelly rd. will fork off after a mile or so just stick to left. After the fork you will see another bridge. Cross it and a couple hundred feet to the left you will see a gate and a place to park. Take the trail all the way to the creek where there is a rock bar. Fish from that point. I got there one day in the summer early before the swimmers came. Fished two hours and caught 18 smallies. The largest wasn't that big maybe 2.5 lb but I never caught so many fish before in soo little a time frame (except for bluegill) Funny cause you never hear of people talking about bass on the Thomas

T
TTFishon
noodles427 said:
Have you tried Thomas Creek. It is off of I-5 about 45 mins or less from you. Take the Jefferson exit past Jefferson going out of the city on jeff-scio hgwy., take the second right after that bridge on to Kelly rd.. Kelly rd. will fork off after a mile or so just stick to left. After the fork you will see another bridge. Cross it and a couple hundred feet to the left you will see a gate and a place to park. Take the trail all the way to the creek where there is a rock bar. Fish from that point. I got there one day in the summer early before the swimmers came. Fished two hours and caught 18 smallies. The largest wasn't that big maybe 2.5 lb but I never caught so many fish before in soo little a time frame (except for bluegill) Funny cause you never hear of people talking about bass on the Thomas

That's good to know thanks for sharing. I work not too far from there and I need a good place to fish after work. What about Helms Reservoir? BTW welcome to the forum.