Nice day on willy yesterday

N
NavyBTret
Went out yesterday below Oregon City. We caught5 and lost a couple aall on spinner and prawn. Nice day on the river with only a small patch of rain.

• 548.jpg
Reactions: waco
brandon4455
brandon4455
very nicely done those are some nice fish :clap: i need to make my way back up there again.

G
GDBrown
If I provide the boat will you provide the know how because I got lots of fish NO how!

GD

N
NavyBTret
GDB, that's a great offer but I am not sure if I will have time to go again for springers before the run peeters out. I work 12 hr nightshifts wed-sat and thur-sat and have family stuff planned next week. But I'll be happy to help with with whatever advice I can. I am just getting back into the PNW fishing scene after having been gone in the Navy for 22 yrs but fortunately I still seem to have the knack for it. These fish were caught on spinner and prawns but my previous fish a couple weeks ago were on herring up in the Mult Channel. My next fishing will be taking my 3 daughters to Hagg and then maybe to Bonneville for shad in a few weeks.

Reactions: OnTheFly
H
h20s8804
"Spinner and prawn" Which spinners in what size and "prawn" like frozen shrimp? Prawn on the spinners? Hoping to get out and throw some tackle at these critters myself further upriver. Thank you.

troutdude
troutdude
Nice HAWGS gents!

N
NavyBTret
H20, we were using a spinner blade on a clevis above a couple beads or corkies. Tandem single hooks with a rearward facing scented cured prawn. these were trolled using a jumbo diver on a dropper.