Newberg sturg.

S
striperfear
anybody been fidhin at newberg? thinkin of headin down there on sunday but never been there wanted to see if the fishin was worth it . any info. appreciated

B
Bullitt
There are fish there. Find a hole and anchor above it. If the weather is nice there will be lots of water skiers and wakeboarders. Rogers Landing is one of the busiest ramps in the state. Go early and leave early unless you like that sort of thing. Good luck.

S
striperfear
thanks a bunch for that info , i dont like fighting crowds at the landing so i always get there way early to get the boat in and then i can just idle where i want to go

B
Bullitt
Water is pretty warm. I have fished the area in the past but usually in the fall/winter. I know people that fish around the mouth of the Yamhill at times. With the numbers of spingers I might be inclined to try that instead.

Once in a blue moon my wife and I will launch at Rogers and head upriver for some quiet time alone in the dead of summer if wheatland is not usable. Once you get above the yamhill you need a jet to safely get around. I have found most of the skiers at Rogers are pretty experienced so it's just the shear number of boats that make things slow.

S
striperfear
where is a good place to start around there and whats the bait of choice?

F
frodog
I have fished there a couple weeks ago and it was really slow we used squid and smelt and pickled shrimp with only the squid gettin attention. I luanched at rodgers and head up stream to a hole that is 40-55 deep anchored above the hole and were casting onto the upstream end of the hole and we caught fish there but it was slow.

S
striperfear
awesome thanks for the info.

L
LUCASMORTER
striperfear said:
where is a good place to start around there and whats the bait of choice?

put in at rogers and head towards wilsonville and just scan the water for deep holes the river that way gets shallow so if you do some zig zags in your boat you will find the holes faster. I like to use roll mop but you may want to take other things to try even night crawlers work well and just a sliding sinker bottom rig.