New hardware on the way!!!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Hey guys,

Just wanted to publicly thank and give an A+ to Dave Calhoun of NW Rods for the very informative phone conversation today. It resulted in the purchase of my newest rod to my tool box! I purchased the NW Rods Buoy 10-6! A 10' 6" trolling rod that has two tips. One for springers and another for summer / fall fish for fishing in bigger water. Its like having two rods in one. Super stoked! I will share the picture he sent me today of the last one he had available until he catches up again. I ordered it just in time to fish it this coming weekend in Tillamook bay.

Cheers,

Chris

• NWRB106.jpg
Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Nice!

E
eugene1
Nice looking rod, hope you break it in proper!

troutdude
troutdude
How sweet is that?!

P
pinstriper
What a great idea.

B
BaldTexan
Congrats on the timely purchase. :thumb: Dave was at our NW Steelheaders meeting a few weeks ago and explained the construction of his rods and had some on hand to check out. I wanted one but couldn't justify the purchase then, but I see one in my future before too long. Very nice, well built rods. Give us some firsthand reviews after you wrestle some springers and summer hawgs with it.

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Thanks BT! I am way way excited to feel a fish on this thing. It arrived today and I must say it seems very long for a trolling rod but its supposed to be a great length and Im told it can make handling your fish a lot easier when landing one. I will say that the quality is as you would expect and I am in the process of hopefully securing a Shimano Tekota 500 Line Counter reel to put on it this week. Looks like Tillamook is not happening this weekend so, I think I am going to the big C somewhere to take advantage of it opening again for a few days. I will report as soon as I catch a fish on this beauty.

Cheers,

Chris

M
martin s.
mrgrumpfish, nice rod , checked out his web sight, NW rods doesn't list a 2 tipped rod, was this a custom order, if so how much more and do they offer a warranty. thanks

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
martin s. said:
mrgrumpfish, nice rod , checked out his web sight, NW rods doesn't list a 2 tipped rod, was this a custom order, if so how much more and do they offer a warranty. thanks

Thanks man!

Here is a link for the product page. Look at Buoy 10-6. It shows 2 pieces but it is actually 3 and is listed at $400.00. Dave is in the process of transitioning away from Loomis blanks and making all of his rods on his own custom blanks. The Buoy 10-6 is the first of his rods to be built on his own blanks, and they are beautiful!

B
BaldTexan
He did a ton of trial and error testing while developing his own blanks. I was pretty impressed with them and I really like the 2 rod tip concept..but the proof is in the pudding. Looking forward to a field report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Tekota! Check! Should make for a great fish killer. Loading it with 65 lb. Power Pro Super Slick tomorrow.

K
killigan
MrGrumpFish said:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to publicly thank and give an A+ to Dave Calhoun of NW Rods for the very informative phone conversation today. It resulted in the purchase of my newest rod to my tool box! I purchased the NW Rods Buoy 10-6! A 10' 6" trolling rod that has two tips. One for springers and another for summer / fall fish for fishing in bigger water. Its like having two rods in one. Super stoked! I will share the picture he sent me today of the last one he had available until he catches up again. I ordered it just in time to fish it this coming weekend in Tillamook bay.

Cheers,

Chris

Heard your report this morning on Outdoor GPS. Hope the new rod worked well for you!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
No fish today but heading back in the morning with a variety of hand made and store bought spinners. I saw two of the 5 fish caught today in the willy. Going to get the one I missed a couple trips back on tomorrow's trip. As for the new rod and reel. Epic! It felt as good as I thought it would and can't wait to get my first fish on it. Maybe tomorrow!!!