New Bassmasters

H
Hawk
Troutier Bassier said:
Okkkk, I need to use that lure, There is this small lake that has largemouth in it and i should try it out there, And Hagg Lake?! Ive never been there but thats where the Oregon Reord smallie was caught by a 16 Year old named Nick Rubeo, I talked to him on Myspace and he said he catches Largemouth and Smallmouth there on Super flukes and Drop shooting.

I think it was his Father that caught the record Smallmouth Bass in Hagg.......................:D

F
FishTastic
:clap:yeah I'm 28 and still have not mastered the drop shot rig or the fluke for that matter:lol: I am still fishing with a zebco spincast and rubber grub! J/K but fooling those big bass is not an easy task, they got that big by staying the heck away from every peice of takle thrown their way.

1bigfish
Those big swimbaits are not good lures if you are fishing for numbers. They are made for big bass not lots of bass. If you want to use them you have to dedicate yourself to usuing it. It is not a bait that you can just pullout and fish for 5 minutes here and there. You really need to fish it all day. And then when you do fish it all day you will be lucky to get one or two bite but they will be big fish. Personally I stay away from them because I am not out to get the state record, I'm just out to have fun.:cool:

It was little Nick who caught the state record not his dad.

H
Hawk
ooooooooooooooooooooops...sorry.................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.........................:lol::lol::lol:

F
FishTastic
yeah I agree with you on the fact that it is not a super practical lure to fish for numbers. I use it so infrequently that it does not even have a permanent address in my tackle box:lol: I like to cram as much stuff as possible in to every cubic centimeter of storage space in my boxes and drawers, that lure takes up considerable space that 4-5 nice medium cranks would be the better choice to put in it's place. I am not looking for records either, just lots and lots of 1.5 - 5 pounders. :dance:

T
Troutier Bassier
Im just looking for 1 over 1 Lbs. :(

1bigfish
opps wrong thread

Last edited: