New bassin/picklin gear for 2011

C
colbypearson
thought i would start a thread to get everybody pumped up for 2011 ditch pickling, post some new bass fishing gear for this year here i will start it off with a 8" wood punker... and a mix shot of swimbaits :D

175461_1402063990552_1800903334_759629_3226884_o.jpg

171537_1402084391062_1800903334_759637_5689084_o.jpg

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
P1170287.jpgThis one has been very good to meP1170284.jpg So this one should be awesome too, P1170288.jpg can't wait to see what this one might do!

C
colbypearson
AWESOME DUDE! those no bull frogs look sick! i havent tried them yet!, i want to stick a 6+lb smallie on that lunker punker i picked up little mouth big bait!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Nice looking gear - still hard to wrap my head around Oregon having a lot of bass big enough to chomp a plug bigger than the average stocker trout - but very nifty either way.

C
colbypearson
GungasUncle said:
Nice looking gear - still hard to wrap my head around Oregon having a lot of bass big enough to chomp a plug bigger than the average stocker trout - but very nifty either way.

true that, might be a lost cause gives you a good sense of accomplishment, a 2lb largemouth could inhale any of those soft baits without a problem. you just gotta make him do it- my new signature explains further haha

T
tomriker
anything under 4 pounds i always say is a baby!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
colbypearson said:
true that, might be a lost cause gives you a good sense of accomplishment, a 2lb largemouth could inhale any of those soft baits without a problem. you just gotta make him do it- my new signature explains further haha

The "smaller" soft baits in your pix yeah - but that hugeass hard rainbow trout plug looks too big for a 2lb fish to eat. Then again, bass are kinda kamikazi sometimes, and they'll try to eat anything they can fit their mouth around.

I suppose if you ever got a chance to fish Odell - you could troll that plug for huge macks also. Not unheard of for guys to catch a 20lb mack with a 2lb trout still hanging out of their mouth.

T
tomriker
i've caught little baby 6-8 inch bass with an 8 inch rapala

C
colbypearson
GungasUncle said:
The "smaller" soft baits in your pix yeah - but that hugeass hard rainbow trout plug looks too big for a 2lb fish to eat.

i will post a pic sometime i dont target 2lb fish with those things but its not a problem i will get a smallmouth under 10" on that bait i would be willing to bet money

C
colbypearson
GungasUncle said:
The "smaller" soft baits in your pix yeah - but that hugeass hard rainbow trout plug looks too big for a 2lb fish to eat. Then again, bass are kinda kamikazi sometimes, and they'll try to eat anything they can fit their mouth around.

I suppose if you ever got a chance to fish Odell - you could troll that plug for huge macks also. Not unheard of for guys to catch a 20lb mack with a 2lb trout still hanging out of their mouth.
SSPX2657.jpg

8" bass 7" swimbaitSSPX2658.jpg

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
uuummmmmm.... Wth is Picklin....?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
"Lunker Punker" LOL!

C
colbypearson
GraphiteZen said:
uuummmmmm.... Wth is Picklin....?
The art of catching pickles out of a ditch

T
tonedef89
Colby (and others), do you have any experience with bluegill patterned swimbaits? I am going to try the lunker punker with a free shellcracker G2 deal at BTD but am looking for a good weedless bluegill bait for Denman and Hoover.

C
colbypearson
tonedef89 said:
Colby (and others), do you have any experience with bluegill patterned swimbaits? I am going to try the lunker punker with a free shellcracker G2 deal at BTD but am looking for a good weedless bluegill bait for Denman and Hoover.

pm sent

K
Kevinb5688
my fav. gear going into 2011

my fav. gear going into 2011

i really like these swimbaits. picked them up in the ocean section of my local fishing store for 1.50each (made to catch hallibut) but as colby says, think outside the box. i won a small tourney with these. catching 5 bass with a 22lb total weight. and at a few ponds i fish by my house i caugt my 3 biggest bass of 2010 on them. the ragetail shads are by far the best top water soft bait i have used, throwing up massive amounts of water, and the stretch back brush hawg type baits are amazing, can stretch one 4 feet without it breaking. more time in the water = more fish in the boat!

C
colbypearson
Kevinb5688 said:
i really like these swimbaits. picked them up in the ocean section of my local fishing store for 1.50each (made to catch hallibut) but as colby says, think outside the box. i won a small tourney with these. catching 5 bass with a 22lb total weight. and at a few ponds i fish by my house i caugt my 3 biggest bass of 2010 on them. the ragetail shads are by far the best top water soft bait i have used, throwing up massive amounts of water, and the stretch back brush hawg type baits are amazing, can stretch one 4 feet without it breaking. more time in the water = more fish in the boat!

L.A slider thats a sweet bait when theyre eating it easy to replace and still a consistent producer sweet! congrats on the win!

D
Drice
These are the only swimbaits Ive got around to getting for my arsenal so far. I really like the action of the Sebiel it falls nice and swims great.

R
ryan808
I second the Sebiel's, I'll have to stock up on my 2011 Sebiel arsenal.

C
colbypearson
175473_1406302256506_1800903334_765805_2780343_o.jpg

thought i would post the new hard ware for the bait, and the feathered treble i tied this morning :D