Nestucca in summer

D
drawman
Hi Guys,

My first post, I will be visiting some relatives in Beaver OR in August. Seems like that time is "in between" runs of either steelhead or salmon?
Never fished the river before, so looking forward to it. I would like to float the lower part (in at 4th bridge) in my personal pontoon boat, but would like to know some local etiquette for the area for floating.

I will also return in Jan or Feb for more fishing, I'm guessing that will be a better time?

Craig

Last edited:
F
Fish-N-Chips
Hey Craig,
Welcome. The Stucca will still probably have summers in there from what I have heard. The video of my buddy under the featured report "Got One" is right between 4th and 5th bridge last winter. The fall nooks start showing up in Sept. and run good until Nov, buth there will be some wild steelies in there. Great river and a great place to start(= Hope this helps.

D

troutdude
troutdude
The summers usually arrive in late May. But, we have had a very exceptionally WET and cool spring. So, I'd suggest that you call the good folks at the Nestucca Valley Sporting Goods shop. They can get you zeroed in.

In January & February, when you return, you'll be able to get into the thick of the winter steel run!

Enjoy your time here. Those are some of my old stomping grounds. My paternal grandrents used to live in Hebo. Good times!

A
alseaalumaweld
id like to see this video but can't find it? Got One???

D
drawman
drawman said:
Hi Guys,

My first post, I will be visiting some relatives in Beaver OR in August. Seems like that time is "in between" runs of either steelhead or salmon?
Never fished the river before, so looking forward to it. I would like to float the lower part (in at 4th bridge) in my personal pontoon boat, but would like to know some local etiquette for the area for floating.

I will also return in Jan or Feb for more fishing, I'm guessing that will be a better time?

Craig

Well, missed the summer trip due to job/work issues. Hitting the Trinity in Nor Cal next week, then still comming up in January. Looking forward to the winter run. I know there are other rivers to fish fairly close to Beaver besides the Nestucca, looking forward to the trip. I'll report any results.

Craig

F
Fish-N-Chips
Go to the Wilson and Trask:D