Need info on sturgeon fishing!! Please help

T
TJR_84
What is open for sturgeon fishing? What rivers and for catch and release or for keepers. I need some input, i am thinking about going to st. johns by the toyota hole for sturgeon or heading in to the columbia river.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ill even go a step further.

Mind you, these are under Regulation Changes and Updates.

Columbia River Sturgeon Seasons:

The retention of green sturgeon is prohibited at all times.
Anglers are limited to the use of one single-point barbless hook while angling for white sturgeon.
It is unlawful to use lamprey for bait.
In all areas, catch-and-release sturgeon angling is allowed during non-retention periods, unless otherwise indicated.

Buoy 10 upstream to Wauna Powerlines (mainstem Columbia River from the Wauna powerlines (River Mile 40) downstream to the mouth at Buoy 10, including Youngs Bay; and all adjacent Washington tributaries)

This area is closed to retention of sturgeon but remains open for catch-and-release.

Wauna Powerlines (RM 40) upstream to Bonneville Dam (including all adjacent Washington tributaries)

Retention of white sturgeon is prohibited from Aug 1 – Sept 30. Catch-and-release fishing is allowed.
Retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays only October 1 – December 31, or until guideline is met.
Daily bag limit is 1 white sturgeon 38-54 inches FORK LENGTH.
The lower Willamette River remains closed to retention of white sturgeon.

Bonneville Pool (Bonneville Dam upstream to The Dalles Dam)

This area is closed to retention of sturgeon but remains open for catch-and-release.

The Dalles Pool (The Dalles Dam upstream to John Day Dam)

John Day Pool (John Day Dam upstream to McNary Dam)

Upstream of McNary Dam

The area from McNary Dam upstream is open to retention of white sturgeon from Feb. 1 – July 31 annually.

STURGEON

Sturgeon regulations applying to the Willamette River below Willamette Falls and the Multnomah Channel also apply in the Gilbert River (on Sauvie Island).

Effective 12:01 AM Thursday March 17, 2011, retention of white sturgeon in the lower Willamette River downstream from Willamette Falls, including Multnomah Channel and the Gilbert River is prohibited.

Catch and release of sturgeon may continue during retention closures.

Angling for sturgeon, including catch-and-release, is prohibited seven days per week during May 1 through August 31 from Willamette Falls downstream to the I-205 Bridge.

Bank angling is prohibited from the east shore of the Willamette River the entire year at the “Oregon City Wall” defined as the area beginning west of Highway 99E, at the northern-most extent of the parking area near the intersection of 8th Street and Highway 99E in Oregon City, approximately 290 feet downstream of the Oregon City/West Linn bridge (Hwy 43) and extending upstream approximately 1715 feet to the retaining wall extending into the Willamette River at the NW corner of the Blue Heron Paper Mill.

D
Drew9870
Have you fished the dock across from the O.C. Wall? I might be hitting that spot up this week or next.

T
TJR_84
Is oregon city open to catch and release?

D
Drew9870
Yes, as far as I know, the dock was one area to open Sept 1st for C&R.

Squid from a local Asian grocer is cheap and effective.

M
minnowmagnet
Cascade Locks

Cascade Locks

I believe that the section of the Columbia above bonneville will be open Thursday through Saturday for retention within the slot starting October 1st, if I'm not mistaken. Who knows how long it will last.

C
capblack
Drew9870 said:
Yes, as far as I know, the dock was one area to open Sept 1st for C&R.

Squid from a local Asian grocer is cheap and effective.

yes, what he said