Need a change

F
fishcreekspinners
The fish are getting smarter we keep letting them go! Or they get themselves loose to learn their lessons. They're always in schools you know!:lol:

C
Cohosanders
Nice Experiment

Nice Experiment

I have found about 8 spoons this season most of which are brand new and I have been throwing them out even more so after you started this thread. I even found a homemade cast master that does not look that gay:shock: Imma gonna keep on throwing them out this year from time to time and see if they prove fatal.:pray:

H
halibuthitman
Got side tracked by springers... and the clock is tickin on this thing so back on track....
necanucum
1;p.m
sunny
Gin clear and low ( undriftable )
rainbow spoon red-yellow stripe
native- jumped at least 8 times... what a stud!

yeah, I know.... I banked a native for 1.5 minutes for a picture.. I promise I won't do it again:naughty:

The rainbow spoon with no hook is from a very large fish that actually creamed the split ring and left with my hook.... never had that happen before:shock:

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
So the saga of the spoon continues. Nice looking fish!

H
halibuthitman
still going

still going

Friday
8 am
very low and gin clear
necanicum
rainbow spoon
only 1 of three hooked landed
hatchery

F
fishwithdynamite
Geez, why am I not fishing spoons? Keep up the good work!

J
jdflores311
I love spoons!! They seem to work just fine for me . . . gald to see it's not just a fluke!

G
ghostcow
Very nice, I'm also side tracked by springers but you are making it hard for me to focus on them!

H
halibuthitman
I just can't believe how well the necanicum and big creek are fishing for hatchery fish still....and with almost no rain rcently.... when it rains hard, the necanicum and Nehalem are gonna fish natives like you won't believe...

C
Cohosanders
Well done!!! so 27 2GO!!!!!! Is that right? I am going to keep throwing them. do you recommend the colors over brass or silver?

H
halibuthitman
Myself I like the wobblers and painted, if I use copper I put it in a glass of water for a week first, and NEVER have luck with nickle... Now my spoon Jedi master says lil, cleos or nuthin, myself I don't like the cleos, but they work. Spoons have tought me how much color matters with steelhead, and it also tought me how much these fish like green and yellow combos and red and yellow combos. My son spray painted a daredevile with flat black primer, hook and all... he has hooked up at least 6 times this year with it... he just can't get them to his feet.