Nailed a dark nook tonight

C
cobias
Me and everet464 decided to do another float on the Mckenzie this afternoon...after a rough start ( forgot to pute my oar stops on after i lacqered my oars....used bungie cords and a stop off of my spare oar ) we caught a few trout then around 8pm we hooked a dark chinook hen....about 12lbs. The meat cut pretty light so she will become crab bait but she was loaded with beautifull ROE !!! Plenty of eggs for fall now ! Will add pics of at least the roe soon. No steelhead again ???? Just not my luck for steel this season.The water levels have made it rough on both ( will/mck) rivers...unless you are a flosser :rolleyes: Might give it one or two more shots for summer steel.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Well something is something!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good job,saved some money and had fun,a lot better than yard work. haha

jamisonace
jamisonace
Did they extend salmon season on the McKenzie? I thought it ended last sunday.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I just answered my own question..."open entire year"...according to the regs. I've never seen that before. I might have to get out and fight a couple more this year. I thoght I was done last Saturday when we went 1 for 8. We hooked three and lost two of them and had 5 more takes that didn't hook up. QUOTE=jamisonace;130900]Did they extend salmon season on the McKenzie? I thought it ended last sunday.[/QUOTE]

C
cobias
Hit it again !

Hit it again !

Hit the Mckenzie again...the water was dropping fast. Hit about 10 trout. Saw lots of steelhead in the tailouts. My passengers were not big steelheaders so it was kind of a half a## trip...want to get back to it SOON !

C
cobias
EGGS ! On the cure !

EGGS ! On the cure !

The roe from the dark hatch hen...Cure on the left is pro cure last supper and the other is borax salt sugar and a little pautzkies fire cure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom