N. Santiam native

I hit up the north santiam this morning with fishslayer89 and a buddy. I picked up this 17lb+ buck about 30 mins into the float down river. First cast into a nice pocket. Turned out to be a great day. No other hook ups. Its definitely my trophy steelhead so far!!!!

wow

wow

I hit up the north santiam this morning with fishslayer89 and a buddy. I picked up this 17lb+ buck about 30 mins into the float down river. First cast into a nice pocket. Turned out to be a great day. No other hook ups. Its definitely my trophy steelhead so far!!!!

Not gonna lie, that's a beaut. Holler at me A, it's Troy. Caught a couple of hens this last weekend on the Wallowa. Definitely not 17lbs, though. PM some time, we gotta get out.
troy

Hmmm, I'm guessing greens bridge to J town? Nice steelie. Brings back sooo many memories for me. The north fork grows them winters big for sure. I hope he made it after that battle, a lot of those winters don't do so well after a good tussel. I try not to pick on the winters in that system until the numbers recover. Still some summers hanging out around packsaddle park though.

I actually caught that buck just below fisherman's bend. Ya i didn't play around with it to much, so that it could go back and make some babies just as big!!

nice! A guide friend of mine has got a grip of them holed up just below shelburn. Thats why i was guessing greens bridge.

Top Bottom