My first trout!

S
streamscream
Actually not first in my life, but first since I arrived in Oregon 2.5 months ago.
I replaced the treble hooks with Gamakatsu #4 siwash hooks, but they seem a bit too large for the fish here.
Gonna try out both #6 and #8, and see which one works out the best.
I think the size of my catches are compromised b/c I cast short-distance lightweight lures from river bank.

F
FishforBrent
Nice catch there! Mckenzie river

S
streamscream
Nice catch there! Mckenzie river

Thx!
Actually i caught another similar sized trout, then had another bite which I failed to hook up. And the last one came chasing my spoon all the way until it saw my rod tip and ran away.
These fellas are tiny but do they fight! They jump like miniature tarpon or sailfish.
I'm worried that these fish might suffer from the trauma after having been released b/c they fight so intensely.

Troutski
Nice Trout.....

Nice Trout.....

Nice job on the hook change, spoons are very effective in our fast water. Give Thomas Buoyant's a try, 1/4 oz or smaller... So many lures and so little time. Nice picture also.... love fish pictures. As for the trauma to the fish, I believe it far less than being chased by a much larger fish with lunch on its mind ... JMHO
Tight lines and be safe on the water...

Chuck

R
Richard W T
Good job!

S
SmallStreams
Don't worry about the hook-size as cutthroat are notorious for being able to swallow huge hooks!