My first springer-finally!

H

Heavy Metal 1

I've caught plenty of salmon in the rivers in the Midwest, but never a springer here in Oregon. I had one on for about 10 seconds and lost it, had a few other bites then finally got this buck.

Attachments

• springer#1.jpg
    springer#1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 41
T

Thuggin4Life

Very nice fish man! Love the i dont care attitude towards that stupid law about dispossing fish parts in the rivers. Nice blood in the background! Bet you are hooked now lets see some more pics here soon.

S

SALTYFISH

Nice one..... just curious but what river can u keep wild springers??

H

Heavy Metal 1

No, I didn't gut him streamside; he nicked his gill somehow ;) I cleaned him at home. I don't know why that law against cleaning at the water exists as I think the crayfish would appreciate the freebie. Thanks for the kudos!

D

Drew9870

Banned User
Nice one..... just curious but what river can u keep wild springers??

A handful of coast rivers allow native retention for Fall and Spring runs, I believe the Nehalem is one, I think Siletz as well.

Edit - Oops, we were typing at the same time I guess.

H

halibuthitman

Very nice fish man! Love the i dont care attitude towards that stupid law about dispossing fish parts in the rivers. Nice blood in the background! Bet you are hooked now lets see some more pics here soon.
for sure.. what a stupid law, after stripping the eggs every hatchery in the state dumps the carcasses into the river.. the fish that spawn die and rot in the river... the green river killer threw dead hookers in a river... wow... look at all that blood.. lets torch this guy:think::rolleyes: