My first on the fly!!!

M

mrlindeman

Whoo HOOOO!!! Ok so I have been fly fihing for a year now. I have yet to catch a single fish. I braved the cold. It was about 26 degrees out. My rod guides were freezing closed every 5 minutes lol. . Today I am very happy to say I caught my first trout on a fly rod!!! It felt so good. There is nothing like it. The first 2 were caught on an olive wooley bugger with shiny tinsil. The 3rd trout was caught on an ears hair nymph :) ... Heres the kicker. I used no strike indicator at all. :) So Without Furtherordo I present the trout. The biggest was 12 inches, the others between 10.5 and 11 inches.
First Catch...
firsttroutonfly.png

First with second...
2troutonfly.png

All 3 before I decided to go home...
3troutonfly.png

B

bigsteel

way to go,,theres no feeling like fighting a fish on the fly rod....keep up the good work

V

Van

Grats Mrlindeman!

The first fish taken on a fly is special and certainly very exciting. Enjoy the feeling.

O

OnTheFly

My wife commented on your pictures. Very well displayed. I warn you about fly fishing. It leads to chronic fly tying. An ailment that has no cure.

H

halibuthitman

My wife commented on your pictures. Very well displayed. I warn you about fly fishing. It leads to chronic fly tying. An ailment that has no cure.

or having to buy property so you can have a shop... to store fishing crap...

O

OnTheFly

or having to buy property so you can have a shop... to store fishing crap...

I hear ya. That could be a bit spendy especially for You. Do you think maybe a 30 x 40 pole barn might do it?:think: 1200sq. ft. That's a lot of fishing material.

B

benkearney

Congrats and welcome to the addiction, although it sounds like you are already there. Where did you catch those beauts?

Top Bottom