Mouth access

R
Roolinghills
So I've been spending a lot of time around dabney, but it looks like the river level is taking a big dive. I'm thinking it'd be better to stick close to the mouth.. So, fine OFF folks, where's the best spots for access? I've been looking on google maps, but no clear spots to be seen.. And some of it looks like private property. Any suggestions? Thanks! Oh, and goin out Saturday if anyone wants to join. Time to bring home the chrome!

F
fishyden
I think you can walk that path right before the i84 westbound on ramp and it will take you to the mouth. I have parked on the shoulder right after the bridge and walked the river almost to the mouth but there was a lot of quicksand and shadey bum camps in the forested area.

H
hunt-fish-trap
there is land that used to be a cattle ranch. there is a old road there that goes all the way to the mouth. on the east side of the river.

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
i can't wait til they remove the dike down there and let the river re route the main channel to the east like it was historiclly.

H
hunt-fish-trap
that was the plan years ago when the state bought that property. but as we all can see it never panned out. I remember tagging and branding cattle there when I was younger