Middle Deschutes near Terrebonne 4/21

jamisonace
jamisonace
I had the pleasure of meeting up with OFF member Irishrover for an afternoon of fishing on the Middle Deschutes. The bugs were all over the but the fish weren't keyed in on the surface. I'm not even sure if they were feeding much at all. Irish stuck with a dry fly and soft hackle but I gave up and put on some nymphs. I managed a few to the bank but of course forgot my camera. However, I do have a witness so if anyone is becoming skeptical about my posts I'm sure Irish will back me up on at least 1 or 2 of the fish today.
With or without fish, it was a great day with great company. Thanks for showing me around your local holes Irish.

Size 14 bhpt and bhfb hares ear worked great. I found all my fish in fairly to very strong current today. 7 fish ranging from 10" to 14". More misses than I care to admit.

Irishrover
Irishrover
It was a good day. Great to meet and fish with you. For the record Jamisonace did land several fish. The bugs were out but not a lot of fish taking them on top. I was being stubborn and kept trying to force a dry fly on them. The only hit I did get was when I switched to a soft hackel. Jamisonace was more adaptable and switched to nymphs, which seemed to be the ticket. He was kept busy with fish. It was a pleasure to share the water with you. I'm sure we will do it again.

B
Basser@Heart
Fished that stretch with my little sister on Monday, got a few on dries, march brown, and a couple grabbed my p-tail. Great day to be out! Were either of you there? Maybe I saw you! Haha

jamisonace
jamisonace
I wasn't down there on Monday but I was fishing in Bend and had a great day on the water. Hopefully I'll see you down there someday. I don't have any plans to get back there this week but I'm sure I'll be down there one day next week.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Not me on Monday I was in Astoria walking around the Columbia RiverMaritime Museum. I sure like the way that fellow fixed up the are around the bridge. Jamisonace and I talked with him a little bit. The guy lives right in that area and has done most of it on his own.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Hit the middle again yesterday. Caught 6: 1 on a dry, 3 on nymphs and 2 on a bugger just as it got dark. Can't complain about a week that produced fish every day. Tomorrow with the upper mac opening I'll be trying my luck up there. I got pictures of three of the fish last night so I'll try to post them later.