Middle Deschutes/ Bend

Blue Lines
Blue Lines
Hello anglers! Are there any recent reports for the Bend area? I’m getting sent on an impromptu work trip there tomorrow, returning Friday and looking for recommendations on what may be effective.

Time is short, so I will likely be just hitting the river for an hour or two in the morning, and possibly the same in evening (depending on if I end up taking clients out).

Also, any recommendations for fishing holes in the city of Bend would be much appreciated as well.
Cheers!

B
BrandonBeach
Been a while since I have fished that stretch.

I have fished the “Big Eddy” area. Great trail access, lots of rafters and mountain bikers and hikers, but there is good water up that way.
Have to google the trailhead.

Give Fly and Field fly shop a call. They have always been good to me.
good luck, report back where you land to fish.

BB

Reactions: Admin and Blue Lines
Blue Lines
Blue Lines
Thanks Brandon! I have fished Big Eddy before, and had a great time (minus mosquitoes), but I’m on such a tight timeframe this go around that I hope to find something in Bend (I’m staying near Worthy Brewing).

I’ll definitely call Fly and Field on my drive out tomorrow, and will 100% report back about the trip.

Blue Lines
Blue Lines
Another thought, does the East Bend Canal hold trout?

N
newfydog
Blue Lining said:
Another thought, does the East Bend Canal hold trout?
no Well maybe one or two, but most of the year it is bone dry. Any place easy to get to will be over run with people this week. If you really need a close and fast place to go, a beer at Worthy brewing might be the best option..

Blue Lines
Blue Lines
Haha! Great point, you’ll definitely see me at Worthy either tonight or tomorrow. I spoke with Fly and Field, will likely try my luck at Sawyer Park this evening.

Reactions: newfydog
N
newfydog
I run a purple haze with a Tenkara rod through some pockets there when I bike by. Always good for a little rainbow or two. Good luck.