Meldrum bar report.

W
wyze
I don't do a lot of plunking but I had a couple hours to kill today. The water was to high and dirty in the clack so I parked my jeep at Meldrum for a while. The water is still high and coffee colored but I figured that I would get some work done while I was drowning bait. 2 hours in I was sitting in the jeep on the phone in a business call when my bell starts clankin... by the time I got to it silence..... bummer. I reeled in and checked my gear, bait gone teeth marks on my spin and glow. hhhmmm I decide to move up a hook size. An hour later bam there goes the bell again!!! this time I was close. I grabbed the pole hauled back, fish on!! When he jumped I thought for sure I had my first winter chrome for the year, but it was not to be. I believe this is a coho.

• 1386186679208.jpg
W
waco
It looks like a nice steelhead to me!!! Good job!!!

H
halibuthitman
looks like a clear finned chrome to me.. good job!

E
eugene1
Looks like an awesome steelie buck to me too! Any bigger pics?

Awesome,

W
wyze
Sorry guys....and gals:). the picture was taken on a flip phone so that's the best I can do. But after reviewing the fish identification pictures online I believe you are right. Steelhead for sure. I let my better judgement be swayed buy the guy who took the picture for me. No worries, this wild fish swims on to make more fish for us to hunt.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice job on the catch and the release.

E
eugene1
Referring to HHM, waco, or me? J/K, bring on the steel.

Best,

wyze said:
...and gals:).

bass
bass
Great job! Thanks for posting.

T
troutmasta
Beautiful Chromer!

R
ryank
Looks like an exceptionally nice steelhead to me. Nice!

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Great report....... Thanks