McIver hatchery question

T
troutmasta
Does Mc Iver have a winter steelhead hatchery run? (or Brooder run as they now call it)??
Jay I dont want your input....

M
metalfisher76
troutmasta said:
Does Mc Iver have a winter steelhead hatchery run? (or Brooder run as they now call it)??
Jay I dont want your input....

That is now where they put the smolts in for the Clack. Dog Creek, which is at McIver. Should be rampin up there any time.

C
Cohosanders
You can call the hatchery:D I talked to a gentleman that said they start collecting usually at he end of this month:shock: I hear(and please anybody correct me if I am wrong)taht they generally are bigger than E.C. fish.HOGS!

O
osmosis
Yep, they are max clipped fish and are their broodstock program fish. we got one yesterday that was no more than 3 or 4lbs though.

A
adambomb
So, even though they are maxillary clipped, you can't keep them right? They have to be adipose clipped to be a keeper

H
Hook
adambomb said:
So, even though they are maxillary clipped, you can't keep them right? They have to be adipose clipped to be a keeper
You can only keep adipose clip steelhead, the max clip tells them what hatchery it came from. I called odfw and asked them this same question.

O
osmosis
most of the dog creek broodstock are adipose and max clipped, but there are some occasionally that are max clipped but have complete intact adipose fins. Same as there are occasional EC fish with adipose fins but have a vent clip.

T
troutmasta
Thank you! I'll be near the creek tommorrow. I' m in green land rover if any one is in the area.