Lower Eagle Creek

S
Sokkerboi
Today i went to test my luck at the creek. I was spinning with a #5 blue fox when WHAM!!!:shock: FISH ON!!! but then i jerked back and my knot had come undone. :( :mad: So if anyone catches one this weekend with a blue fox in its mouth... let me know. :)

M
mccarrel
Wonder if it was an early springer.

B
Backtrolling
mccarrel said:
Wonder if it was an early springer.

With only two counted over the falls I don't think there is going to be very many if any up that way.

brandon4455
brandon4455
you never know man, size 5 is a really big spinner for any steelhead... theres always some fish around at the wrong time o year too, ive heard of a springer in eagle creek during february once.

Last edited:
B
Backtrolling
I would love to think it was a springer... If you ever have or get the chance to go specifically target big native Steelhead go. To catch the trophies the gear you use looks a lot more like salmon gear than steelhead. Any size steelhead will attack a #5 if it's near its spawning ground.

F
Flymstr
Fish are fish and if they want to eat they will. I have caught 12 inch trout on a #5 blue fox, so it could have been anything. T
he better questions would be what kind of water was this fish in, and how did he react, (.IF you had time to get a reaction). That will usually tell the type of fish.

S
Sokkerboi
It was a straight hook up, i was playing with the current in a 10ft hole (slightly faster than walking speed) and it came from below and took a bite. then it was gone ( alone with my spinner)