Lower Columbia wallye....

M

MrGrumpFish

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here. Stopped posting for a while because I didn't get a whole lot of responses when I did, so I thought I'd try one more time.

I am interested in fishing for wallye and I hear the train crossing near the i5 bride is a good spot to troll. Thoughts and suggestions please?

Thanks,

Chris

troutdude

troutdude

Glad to see you return Mr. G. I've never fished for Walleye's; but I bet it's fun. Good luck!

P.S. I've not seen more than a handful; of Walleye threads (and I've been on, for 7 years now). Hopefully that will change now--and we'll see some good responses.

S

steelhead_slayer

I plan on staying to target walleye, but higher on the columbia

plumbertom

plumbertom

i've been reading up on walleye fishing tactics.
Never have tried to fish for them
My understanding is that in my area (Eugene) Lookout Point is the place for them.
I hope to put my boat on that water and give them a go this spring.

C

Carp

there's a few near dallas area, I caught a few in john day river right where it flows into columbia

jhop111

jhop111

The reason why there is more information and people targeting them in the mid-upper Columbia, is its better year round. I'm headed to Portland right now. I will ask a friend who guides occasional trips in your area of question

W

Willerman

Carp;n602190 said:
there's a few near dallas area, I caught a few in john day river right where it flows into columbia

Dallas, Oregon? You've caught my attention; I moved here a few months ago.

edit: After re-reading.. I am assuming you are referring to The Dalles?

jhop111

jhop111

Definitely the Dalles. However a Willamette plunking hole is near dallas. One of several known as the socal security hole.

jhop111

jhop111

Forgot to mention, two very good walleye guys who usually share information are Cameron Black and Bill Taylor. A phone call or facebook message is usually all it takes. They both have years of below bonnie experience.